Wild Bunch Holster

Started by Slowhand Bob, May 30, 2009, 04:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Butcher

Well Slowhand everyone who knows me will tell you I usually have an opinion on things ;)  And like I said I like both of them I am just partial to the things I pointed out.  I don't rightly know if it is because of the US stamp or the shape of the loop that draws my eye.  The shape of the bottom of the first rig is definitely my choice but, I really like the cut around the triggerguard on the second it just flows as far as i am concerned.
The reason most of the pards on here go for the first rig is probably because it looks alot more period correct. Although, I would guess that like me they think that both of them are absolutely topshelf
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work. I personally prefer the two-tone one because of the toe shape. The trigger guard on the black one is more modern looking and fits the pistol better. I'd like to see a black one like the two-tone one. I think that would be the best of all. Great pics. Thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Slowhand Bob

It looks like i will be making several in the next day or so, including something like that Will.  Based on opinions so far, the rounded toe is more popular but you are the only one who has agreed with me on the color black being more attractive for the acp.  The trigger guard is pretty much off the table as I think it is much safer with the trigger covered and this leads into a safety strap, it needs one.  I am going to stay with a western style here that will simply encircle the hammer to aid retention and prevent discharge should the hammer fall.  I am thinking of a simple quarter inch slot behind the pistol with a cut shape coming through and snaring the hammer????  Any other ideas?

I am going to make a couple of deluxe versions in black with lining and some bling.  Everything is going to pot with the first few days of our vacation which may give me a bit of private time fer sperryminting.  HAR HAR HAR, retired and talking about taking a vacation.

Ned Buckshot

In my humble opinion I'd try this next:

Black body incorporating the round toe from the first one and the top cut of the Black one and then the strap with US stamping in Tan, just the opposite of the first one.

Matter of fact I think I'll just get started on that one today! ;D

Remember this is just my opinion and based on nothing except my twisted mind. :o

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Slowhand Bob

I like them all, but I like the top one the best, the fit is perfect, you can always dress it up what ever way you want, if the gun goes in and out of the holster with ease, but also retains the gun well , you can't ask for more than that, the top one just to me has a more fitted shape to it.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Slowhand Bob

Guys, these were made a couple of weeks back and am just getting a picture for you.  Just a few different ideas on the colors and I think the pattern is good to go when I add some safety straps.  These are cut just ever so slightly loose for the 8/9oz leather but should work well with a lined 8/10oz holster also.  One added benefit, though I had no intention of using this for a revolver, the thing actually fits a SAA 4 5/8" pretty darn well in a pinch!  I will add a 'posted pattern here' to my list of wanna do projects.  JD, I would think one could do a couple of paper board oval patterns in the right size to accommodate 3/4" alphabet stamps and create what you want reasonably well.  I would also try embossing rather than carving for this.

Marshal Will Wingam

Those look good, Bob. I really like the color of the center one. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dr. Bob

SB,

I really like the one on the right with the dark outline.  That outline on one the color of the center one would be great! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Slowhand Bob

I am about to wind this design down but first want to make one more in a lined version.  The solid black, with narrow strap, is my preference but I just may do the lined holster as a strapless design with some sort of simple pattern on the front or perhaps even a small amount of nickel spots???

Ned Buckshot

My Take On this Would Be: No Strap, Basket Weave in a small panel on the front and a fancy laced mainseam! ::) :o

But that is still just my opinion.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

GunClick Rick

Give that middle one to Barney Franks ;D

Oh i'm gonna get in trouble again..
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com