Blakeslee Box

Started by saddler, May 28, 2009, 06:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saddler

Hi All

I just tried to add this image to the main Leathersmiths topic at the head of the page, but it vanished, so I'm hoping for better luck here!

Made this in Nov 2007 for one of my customers from Bisley. He supplied the wooden frame & tubes, all I did was the leatherwork.
Hope to get more images shortly, as I have a bad habit of making one-off commissions then posting them out before I take pictures of them...will have to change that sequence to one that works.

Jon

Ace Lungger

Howdy Saddler,
that is a nice box! Fits good and tight to the wood!
Thanks for sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

RollingThunder

I agree with Ace. That's gorgeously done.
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice, Saddler. Thanks for the pic.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Gun Butcher

Now that is somethun' ya don't see every day. Well done Saddler. It's good for us to see someting other than holsters once in a while ;)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Dr. Bob

Howdy Saddler,

Looks just right with that nice original Spencer.  That feller has to be real happy! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

saddler

Thanks for the positive comments

Hope to get further pictures showing more construction details, such as the hinge, maker stamp, etc.

I make a lot of box shaped items for shooters here - a traditional cartridge carrier box called a Gannochy: based on a Victorian period design, but with modern components (originals used metal clips to hold 12-ga shells with the rim uppermost, for quick loading on pheasant shoots - either 48 or 100 shells in each box)

I also make a lot of round-"box" type items, such as telescope end caps.

The clue to good accurate sewing on box work is use a wooden former & stitch onto it.

Jon

saddler

Hi All

Another photo link - same box but from a different angle

Jon

JD Alan

The list of things I've never heard of or seen continues to grow. Very impressive, precision work.  It's good to see this kind of thing, especially for a newbie like me! Thanks, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com