Startin' up

Started by Bodie Bascom, May 28, 2009, 01:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodie Bascom

Okay, after reading this entire topic and checking in daily for the last month, you guys have talked me into it.  I have gone to the only hobby store in town and bought a few carving tools and a few stamps.  Got me a scrap piece of leather big enough to make a wallet out of and now the adventure begins.  Practice, practice, practice until I get a few things down (mostly) and then I will order enough leather to make my own holsters.  I think the missus is gonna be a little mad at you guys when I forget the hunny-do's to play with this stuff.

Shoot straight,
Bodie
Texas Peacemakers
NCOWS
SASS
SBSS
WARTHOG
NRA
TSRA

Dalton Masterson

Welcome to a lifetime of joy and frustration, accompanied by great satisfaction!

Make her a purse every year, and she wont be so upset!

If there are any questions, feel free to holler here on this board.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Bodie Bascom

Thanks, I've seen some really nice stuff here and can't wait to start picking it up and learning from you guys.

Shoot straight,
Bodie
Texas Peacemakers
NCOWS
SASS
SBSS
WARTHOG
NRA
TSRA

Dalton Masterson

LOL, I just realized thats Smilin' Bob!
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Bodie Bascom

Smilin' Bob is my hero!!!
Texas Peacemakers
NCOWS
SASS
SBSS
WARTHOG
NRA
TSRA

JD Alan

Gee, I thought maybe "Smilin Bob" was now a Cowboy action shooter! That's a great picture. How do those pills work? Just kidding ;D Welcome to the Forum, and good luck, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Bodie Bascom

Brother JD I'm not even going to touch that action shooter line.  I found that pic on the web and had to have it.  I'm pretty sure it's a photoshop.  As for the pills, I've never seen one.  I bet they would be good for a laugh though.

Shoot straight
Bodie
Texas Peacemakers
NCOWS
SASS
SBSS
WARTHOG
NRA
TSRA

FEATHERS

G'Day mate,I too am new to leather work,& joining this forum is the best thing,truely a lot of inspiring people here.Check out ebay, that's where I got my first set of tools & a lot of cool books.I have an EX so no worries with the hunney-do's,but having 7 daughters,I will be doing a lot of projects.All the best Feathers

Ace Lungger

Howdy BB,  :)
Welcome to the very best forum in the world! You will nver find a nicer bunch of pards  than there are on here!! And like DM said, if you need help, just ask, some one will help you! Hard to believe this is my family, and I have never meet anyone of them, but they make you feel so good, not like a lot of forums that if you don't know something they treat you like you don't need to me there! >:(
You won't find that here!! If these pards have put up with me for allmost 2 years that has to tell you something, BIG TIME!

Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Bodie Bascom

Feathers - 7 daughters!!  That is a lot of projects to have to do.  I have 1 daughter, and I can remember all that required while she  was growing up. 

Ace - Thanks for the welcome.  I have enjoyed watching your progress through all your posts.  You have inspired me to give this a shot.

Shoot straight
Bodie
Texas Peacemakers
NCOWS
SASS
SBSS
WARTHOG
NRA
TSRA

Ace Lungger

Bodie,
I have no talnet a tall! I work hard on my projects, and like you, I am allways  looking at everyone's AWESOME Stuff, keeps me going! I have allways had a prooblem, that problem is, I have allways wanted to run, before I learned to walk. And that is one thing that I am still trying to control! And leather work to me, is very comferting to my sole! I most likely would of made one rig, and been done, if I hadn't of found home!! I know that I have ask, some very dumb questions, but I have never ever not had one answered. I don't think I will ever be very good at carving, I might become fair at it, but those that have the gift, realy do some AWESOME stuff! And I will allways admire them!! But after I had carved a few peices, I looked at a lot of stamped leather, and realized that not every peice has to be carved to be AWESOME! I have looked hard and long at some AWESOME stampsed leather! And know there can be both, one just as equail as the other, depending on what a person wants it to represent! I know that I am years away, from doing a kickin peice, but i am working on it!
i am glad that you are giving it a go, and you will love it!
Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

Glad to hear you're jumping in with us, Bodie. This is the right place. If you need a tip on something, someone here will have what you need. I'm looking forward to seeing the reasults after you get your wallet made. Remember, pics are greatly appreciated around here. Welcome to the trade. 8)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Gun Butcher

Bodie, welcome to the fire. Its a mighty addicting place to be but the satisfaction more than makes up for the addiction.
                                                                     Gun Butcher
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com