Missouri Outlaw

Started by Slowhand Bob, May 28, 2009, 10:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowhand Bob

Well guys I got around to trying my hand at a version of the Josey Wells Walker Colt rig, or in part at least.  The knife and sheath are quite a bit larger than what he carried in the movie BUT had I been the director, ole Clint would have had to lug something more like this un!  The holsters should definitely have been trimmed back at least another inch and there is a small difference in the trigger guard area from photos I have seen but what the heck.  The little '49 Model was supposed to show a dramatic size relationship for the big knife and Walker but taking the shot from close range and having the little gun on top, foreground, kind of took away the size difference.  You will just have to take my word fer it that there is a lotta iron in that gun and knife!!  HMMMM, wonder if the one lonely looking holster would convince the wife that I need one more Walker to make the picture complete?

Rube Burrows

"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a cool set, Bob. The finish really works on those. That big toad sticker almost makes that Walker look small. LOL, if that's possible. ;D Good job. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy Bob
That is a really good lookin set. I like the big pig sticker, but then again I like big knives.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ace Lungger

Howdy there SB,
Man I love that color :o :o :) The rig looks perfect, just a out standing job, real neat and clen lines, the finish realy set it of for me!
I fininaly got some bought dye, instead of just using my homemaid, but, it will take a lot to get me away form the homebrews! But I wanted to do some playing, so i got some!!
I raly like that look, and I am glad you shared it with all of us!
Latter on Down the Trail!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

RollingThunder

Very nice rigs indeed! A very nice aged flavor to the color! Bravo!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Dr. Bob

SB,

Well, it's worth a try, but don't get your hopes up too high! :o ;) :D  Good luck!

BTW, a really great looking rig!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

saddler

Quote from: Slowhand Bob on May 28, 2009, 10:26:59 AM
HMMMM, wonder if the one lonely looking holster would convince the wife that I need one more Walker to make the picture complete?

Bob

You got it WRONG

Now you make holsters, you NEED more holster fillers of ALL shapes & sizes to allow your skills to grow  ;D

Jon

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Slowhand Bob

Well, I tried.  I showed her the picture last night, in hopes of gaining a bit of sympathy for my cause and the first thing out of her mouth was "when did you buy that one, I do not remember it".  "But darling, you gave it to me for my birthday ten years ago."  But that argument is getting a bit old as she now wants to know just how many guns I got from her that birthday!  Well guess its time to get busy on that Wild Bunch Rig, but by now she has probably forgotten the 1911 she gave me for my birthday nine years ago! ;)

Ace Lungger

Hey Pards,
Back in the earlier 80's I had a spare room 12x12, and I had guns lined up allmost so you couldn't put another gun standing up! Me and my best friend were gun junkies, buying trading sell and swapping every week! When we wern't hunting we were gun trading, I allways took a gun and would bring 1-2 home, the wife would see me come in, and i would tell I traded and gave $50.00 differnce or sometimes I would tell here I drawed some boot! One day I took this pretty beat up Remington 870 Shotgun to trade off. I did know the wife was looking at it when  I left! When I came home, I came home with a Brand New Remington 541S with a redfield scope, it had some gold inlaying not much, just some scroll work, but it had AAA wood! I walked in and she was pretty close to the door, and she said thats a pretty gun, and I said yes, and that I had traded that shotgun and $50.00. She looked at me and said, I might be dumb, but I am not that dumb, I saw that ratty old shotgun you took, and there is no way you traded for $50.00 :o :o ::) ::)
All I can said is, that realy slowed down my gun trading!! :( So like you all, I make sure she isn't home, when I go gun shoping!! ;D
Just wanted to tell that to you all, so I think most of us Pards are in the same boat!!
Later ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Angel_Eyes

A word to the wise, a ( late) friend of mine always told his wife, "I only paid £25.00 for it" :D

When he died, she handed them all into the local gunshop, FOR £25.00 EACH!!! :'(

A certain dealer got the rep he deserved after that!! >:(

They do say you can hear the hum of Joe, spinning, as you pass the cemetery!!! ;D

AE
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

JD Alan

A wife giving her husband guns for presents! Do you give lessons or tips on that sort of thing?
If so, sign me up ;D JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Dalton Masterson

Heck, in our house, my wife buys guns for me, and I buy guns for her!
She knows exactly what each one is worth, and what it costs (which is hardly ever book value).

I am having a hard time getting another Walker to match the one I have tho. Maybe its just the Walker being a Walker.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ace Lungger

DM,
I think you know something the rest of us need to know? :o ??? ??? I wife bought me one gun one time for X Mas!
So I need to know the secret?
Later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboywc

Howdy
My gun safe is here at the shop. My wife has no idea how many or what kinds I have.
Works for me........ :)
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Slowhand Bob

Just a word of wisdom for any young fellers, think long and hard afore selling and trading guns, specially with the pros.  Your wants and needs are driven by passion while the pro is driven by money and he will win big every time.  I really wish I had some of the guns back that  I traded away as a young man and some of them were given to me by my dad, gun fever knows no shame in a young man.  Buy buy buy but never sell or trade, be patient on the new acquisitions cause they all need a good home and you will miss them one day.

Actually the nicest gift my wife ever gave me was the big TORO sewing machine I got for Christmas a couple of years or so back.  Now that dropped my bottom jaw for sure.  When I saw it she said, "I do not want to hear any more complaints about sore knuckles."

saddler

Quote from: Ace Lungger on May 29, 2009, 07:54:33 AM
...She looked at me and said, I might be dumb, but I am not that dumb, I saw that ratty old shotgun you took, and there is no way you traded for $50.00 :o :o ::) ::)
All I can said is, that realy slowed down my gun trading!! :( So like you all, I make sure she isn't home, when I go gun shoping!! ;D
Just wanted to tell that to you all, so I think most of us Pards are in the same boat!!
Later ACE

ACE (& all the other good folk here)
A lesson from the UK.

Due to laws here in the UK, our guns MUST be covered in a secure gunslip or case when in public.

A benefit of this:
Its common practice when, er, needs must, for a few people I know to leave home with a "full" gunslip & return later with a "full" gunslip.
The trick is one the way OUT its stuffed with a piece of lumber or a cardboard tube of appropriate length/size.
The return trip, I'll leave that to your personal tastes  :P

Though when I recently bought my 1861 Navy, I went out empty handed as I said I was just going out to visit a mate. As it was a nice day she decided to come with me for a drive out as we live in a nice part of the country :o

YIP - that was me busted  :-[
Strange thing was, I got caught by her on that one, but the previous purchase, an M4 in .22lr, about 10 days before that has resulted in ZERO questions even though its the only Mattel-alike I have & it looks like NOTHING ELSE I had previously  ::)

santee

Nice color! They look like a good fit, too. Congrats.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Slowhand Bob on May 29, 2009, 06:20:33 AMWell guess its time to get busy on that Wild Bunch Rig, but by now she has probably forgotten the 1911 she gave me for my birthday nine years ago! ;)
;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com