Custom leather boots?

Started by will52100, May 27, 2009, 12:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

will52100

Don't realy know where to post the question, but here goes.  What would be a good place to order custom boots, and how would be the best way to do it?  Not looking for anything fancy, something along the lines of the old Code West harness ring boots, snoot toed, stove pipe, plain brown leather?

The problem with the western shops around where I live is that eighter they don't have my size, 13 EE, or they only have differant leathers and colors of the same type of boot.

Thanks
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms

Ottawa Creek Bill

Will....This place will do as good as any ;D

Fall Creek Sutlery out of Lebanon Indiana can make you a period correct pair of Coffin Toed Boots, with One Piece Fronts (if you want to be PC, that's what you want) Military or Civilian, for a reasonable price, about $250.00 to $300.00 range. You can yahoo or Google them for their on line catalog. I love mine, most comfortable boots I've ever worn...when I wear boots

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

will52100

Thanks Ottawa, I apreciate it.  I'll check them out.  I'm not realy going for period correct, but it would be a definate pluss.  Just don't like the look or feel of modern "cowboy" boots.  That and I've got a skies for feet/

Dispatch

Will,
You might also want to try Fugawee.com. Fugawee is word of mouth among reenactors, the best PC leather footwear maker in the hobby. Check'em out!  ;)

Texas Lawdog

Will,  If you want the shooter type boots, The Fort western wear in Lincoln, Nebraska has them in your size. They also have an on-line catalog. As far as the Fugawee's, they also have them in your size. I wear a 13.5 4E and I got 2 pair. One black, one brown. They cost about 100. a pair plus shipping, tax and handling. Fugwee has an online catalog also.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

will52100

Thanks guys, will check them out, hope I can find a way to measure my foot or send a tracing.

Delmonico

Quote from: will52100 on June 28, 2009, 12:14:58 AM
Thanks guys, will check them out, hope I can find a way to measure my foot or send a tracing.

I can get you pretty durn close, to the point that toe box and foot bed shape will be of more importance.

I run about 95% right by phone or E-Mail. 

First most tracings are going to be oversize unless the person knows what they are doing.

First put a ruler/yardstick longer than your foot on the floor, up tight against the wall, have someone else read the length and record, also note which toe is longer, the big one or the one next to it.

Then measure the width at the widest place and also how far forward that is from the heel.

Last measure the width of the heel.

PM them to me and I'll figure it out.

Most folks here know I work at The Fort, but I won't get offened if you decide on something else, just glad to help.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

GunClick Rick

Ned Buckshot has a nice pair he might sale ya ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ned Buckshot

Most definatley not what you're looking for.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com