Navajo Moccasin Pattern

Started by FEATHERS, May 25, 2009, 06:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FEATHERS

G'Day all,I hope this not a weird request,my daughter is hounding me to make her a pair of Navajo moccasins.We have both spent hours on websites with no luck & living in Australia it is even harder trying to track a pattern down,so any help to get her off my back(lol) will be appreciated.Thanks Feathers.

Marshall John Joseph

Try this.  This book has all North American Indian footwear patterns.  The book does contain a pattern for Navajo mocs.

http://www.crazycrow.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CCTP&Product_Code=4105-003-042&Category_Code=

Marshall John Joseph

cowboywc

Have you tried
crazycrow.com
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

FEATHERS

Hi guys,Thanks for the reply,I got that book from our leather shop,but the drawings in it are really bad & it looks like it was done with kids in mind.But thanks anyway.Feathers

Ottawa Creek Bill

Feathers......
How old is your daughter? If you will email me with her foot measurements (see below), I'll make her a pattern, and include easy to understand instructions on how to sew them. All measurements must be in inches.

Bill

This is what I will need.
Length of foot, in inches.
circumference of foot at the widest part.
tracing of foot while standing flat footed on a piece of paper.
Ankle circumference
If she wants knee high moccasins, I'll need the measurement from the floor to the height of her knee, and the circumference of her calf or the area where she wants the top of the moccasins.

You can send them to me at my address:
Bill Proctor
10850 N. Mann Road
Mooresville, Indiana 46158
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

FEATHERS

Hi Bill,Thank you so much,my daughter is 19 & like me she is interested in Native American history.I will post over her foot measurements but only if you allow me to send you a couple of Tshirts from here that are painted by our Native Australians(send me sizes).Also I really liked your saddle,I have a friend over here that is a saddle maker his name is Ty Granger & he made a 1880 saddle for the movie Ghost Rider that was partly filmed here(he has a website that shows his work).Thanks again Feathers

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: FEATHERS on May 25, 2009, 08:40:33 PM
Hi Bill,Thank you so much,my daughter is 19 & like me she is interested in Native American history.I will post over her foot measurements but only if you allow me to send you a couple of Tshirts from here that are painted by our Native Australians(send me sizes).Also I really liked your saddle,I have a friend over here that is a saddle maker his name is Ty Granger & he made a 1880 saddle for the movie Ghost Rider that was partly filmed here(he has a website that shows his work).Thanks again Feathers

Feathers...There is no need, but if you want to send them.......How about Indian extra large.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com