Well i finialy got around to finishing this monster Knife sheath1

Started by Ace Lungger, May 22, 2009, 03:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

Howdy Pards,  :)
I sure have seen a lot of killer stuff showing up on the forum here!! :) It allways keps the Juices flowing, but here lately just had a lot on my mind, and also I have 2 Single Shot Rifles I have been building! And since I can't stand very long, after about 20 minutes lathe work and I am shot!! >:( >:(
I started on this sheath about a month ago, so I thought i might just get it done and out of my hair! It didn't turn out like I wanted (poor planning) they say you learn my your mistakes, so lets hope I learned something ::) ??? ::) i wished i would of of took the knife out of the sheath and took a pic of it, but you can see by the odd looking sheath, how wild this knife is!

Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Bad Hombre

Snazzy Ace!!!
Lots of imagination!!
Great photo lay out ta boot!!
Now ta find some monsters ta dress out with it.
Good job pard!!

BH
"Them guns ain't old son, they're experienced"

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Well Ace I wondered what you were up too, this is beautiful, great design and pattern, your use of spots really adds to the look, the flower and cross add bit of period correctness, and I love the full house and picture in general, looks authentic as all get out, WELL DONE " PAL "   ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ace Lungger

Thanks guys! I am great full for the kind words! It started off just goffing off! and it is not realy carved, i used stamps and then beveled around them to see how well they were, I don't like it, but I put the spots on to helps its looks ::)
Going to have a garage sale in a month or to, or might get some ,more stuff made up and go to the Muzzelloaders meet next month?
Maybe it is just me, but I think it is the uglyess thing I ever made!
But, I do thank you all for the kindness :)
Later ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Gun Butcher

Ace ,it ain't ugly, it fits the knife perfectly. There is an undefinable beauty to it. I can definitely see some buckskinner jumping all over it, because it just oozes period correctness.  I would be proud to wear it anywhere, anytime.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ace Lungger

Thanks GB,
  I had some smaller spots that I wanted to use, but I didn't have a tool made to put my spots in, and if i was going to get up and do some metal work, i needed to work on those guns! maybe that is why I don't lihe it!

Thanks for the kind words Pard!
Ace
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Ace.

That's a real nifty sheath you made there! I like the Antique look and the way you decorated it. Keep up the good work Pard.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Dalton Masterson

Ace, your coming along very well with your leather work! This sheath is darn nice looking. Keep up the good work.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

that looks great, Ace. I like the flowing lines. The knife always determines the shape of the sheath and you get to make one that has the look you want. Lookin' good, pard.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

JD Alan

Ace, I think the whole thing looks great. Remember, we are always our worst critic.

I can really identify with your back problems. After four days in a hospital bed seven weeks ago, I'm still feeling the effects of it. My back was behaving pretty well before that, mostly because I was behaving pretty well! When you have a bad back long term, you learn to be careful, because to do anything else, well, the cost is too high. The older I get, the more I miss those two discs they yanked out in '89.

Hang in there, and keep on doing what you can, JD

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Johnny Dingus

Ace I don't know what your seeing that we are not.  That sheath looks like it could have been made by the local leatherworker back in the early 1800's.
Today we think everything has to be just perfect but it was more about form and function and then a little dress up.  Like BH said any one of us would be proud to wear it or even have made it.
Good work.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Ace Lungger

I want to thank my family for all the nice things you have said! I think, what I don't like is that I should of carved it, instead of useing stamps and my swivel knife to make the steams, and then doing the beveling!
I realy had plans of having fringe on the one edge, but my brain went dead, and i couldn't figure out how to do it!
There are so many talented pards on here, and everyone has there own style!
Thank so much Pards!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com