HCR's primitive camp (added photo #6)

Started by Joss House, May 18, 2009, 02:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joss House

If anyone is interested, here is a link to some photo's of the gang hanging around camp at this past weekend three day camp and shoot. No photo's of the shoot, just camp photo's. Many of you will recognize some of the guy's from accompanying me to the national convention in the past. The weather was hot and miserable.  The shoot consisted of six stages mixed between the standard Rifle, pistol, shotgun, buffalo gun, with side matches using cap and ball revolver, pocket pistol and .22 rifle. Yes, the buffalo gun was part of the main stage and everyone used their own. We had a total of ten members and eight different camps. All our members shoot only black powder so the entire 'range' was quite smokey. Other than total exhaustion from setting up in the heat, we had a great time. The Hat Creek Regulators flag that I'm holding is something that I recently hand made for the club. Does anyone recognize the flag design?

As you can see, we all eat well and our setup is not your typical CAS type environment.

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/dubtrub/IMG_0004.jpg

2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/dubtrub/IMG_0007.jpg

3. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/dubtrub/IMG_0014.jpg

4. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/dubtrub/IMG_0017.jpg

5. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/dubtrub/IMG_0018.jpg

6. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/dubtrub/IMG_0001-1.jpg

Danny Ellison aka Joss house

River City John

Looks like fun.

I like the sheepskin pelt thrown over the chair.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Doc O

Good Times.  ;D ;D
Reminds me of my mountain man days.
Still have all my equipment.

Doc

Ottawa Creek Bill

Joss...

You guys really do it right!!

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Will Ketchum

Nice pictures. I bet you had a good time! ;D

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Tjackstephens

Joss House, Great pictures!! Looks like you did have some shade. Think I would fit right in with you cowboys, wish I could have been there. Thanks for posting the pictures. TJ  :)
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

French Jack

Looks like my kind of party.  Bet you all had a good time.  Keep yer ha'r pilgrims.
French Jack

Joss House

Quote from: Joss House on May 18, 2009, 02:33:50 PM
Does anyone recognize the flag design?

Thanks for the kind responses guy's. No one has identified the flag yet. I thought surely one of you southern boy's would recognize it. ;) hint,hint

Tjackstephens

Joss, looks like it might be southern states. Might even be from the War Between the States. It seems like I might have seen it before sometime between 1860-1864. TJ  ;)
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Black River Smith

Congrats to you and your group on your return.

Looks nice.
Black River Smith

Lone Gunman

Now I know there's folks that have looked at this that would feel insulted to be called a Yankee, but if you don't recognize the "Stars & Bars" you're a likely candidate to be labeled, if not a Yankee, at least a Yankee sympathizer.    ::)

It's a good thing the Hat Creek Regulators are an NCOWS club, I'm pretty sure that 'Gun Stump' doesn't fit in the SASS rulebook. 
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Joss House

Lone Gunman is truely an educated man. HCR is a 'southern' California NCOWS posse. Rebellious to everything the 'Kalifornia liberals' try to shove down our throats. Each star represents one of the thirteen original members when HCR started as a CAS club in '02. The flags meaning is dear to us in a covert sort of way.  ;)

http://www.crwflags.com/FOTW/FLAGS/us-csa1.html

For safety purposes each shooter had their own stump. ;D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/dubtrub/IMG_0014.jpg

Tjackstephens

Joss House, It's a great flag. It looks like the First National Flag of the Confederacy. The stars are different and now I know why. That flag had a circle of 10 stars with one in the middle and it was larger. I do believe it is the one you used to do your flag and the 13 stars are your first members. Later the flags of the Confederacy had 13 stars also. Great pictures and a very good flag. TJ

Rowdy Fulcher

Joss
Looks like everyone was having a Great time .  Love that Flag . When is your next outing .

Cherokee Gunsmith

Hi there, your flag is a variant on the 1st National Flag, 13 star version of the Confederate States of America (CSA Stars and Bars).  A similiar variant was carried by the Indian Brigade of the Army of the Trans Mississippi, CSA, commanded by BG Stand Watie.  The Indian Brigade Flag had the legend CHEROKEE BRAVES embroided across the white center bar, and there were 5 red stars arrayed  within the 13 stars (in red), the 5 red stars representing the Five  Civilized Tribes. The five red stars were arrayed in an "X" pattern, with center red star representing the Cherokee  Nation. (and I've always been told a degree in History was worthless!)  Cherokee Gunsmith
SASS; NCOWS; CFDA;  BOLD;  RATS; US Cavalry Assn; NRA Life; TxSRA Life; AzSRA Life; MtRPA; Captain (RET), USAR;

Dr. Bob

CG,

Thanks for adding that info about the Indian Brigade!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Joss House

Just thought I'd post a photo of our new/ future shooting range at Tehachapi Sportsman Club. We are going to have to develop our own shooting area if we decide to make this our permanent location. Man it's going to be hard to give up our beautiful mountain shooting location for this barren spot. The wind usually kicks up to 30-50 mph daily year round. That's why you see those 'authentic' power windmills in the background. Unfortunately we are being driven out of our remote mountain areas and it's either shoot here or fade away. Who knows, with a few hundred thousand dollars we may be able to develop a nice place to shoot. OK Joss, stay positive. :-\

Dr. Bob

Oh man, that's a tough lookin bunch of hombres! :o ;)
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ottawa Creek Bill

Joss...
That looks like the same bunch from the old posse...especially the big guy, third from the right.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com