I need suggestions on small project

Started by GunClick Rick, May 15, 2009, 12:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

I have a good little knife collection goin and mostly fixed blades with sheaths.I have a wall section in my cowboy room
about 2 feet wide and 4 feet tall.I would like to put somethin on or up against it to hang my knives for display.I have a piece of pegboard but want to go a little more western or native american look,probably native american as that is the side where my indian collections are.Maybe a thin slice of redwood in the natural,and pegs? Or what? Lookin for ideas.

removed photo
Bunch a ole scudders!

Danny Bear Claw

If you like, I could send you a small Indian blanket to cover the board with and then you could put the pegs in after mounting the blanket on the board.  This would give that peg board a "Native American" look.  Let me know if you want it.   ;)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

GunClick Rick

I can not believe i didn't think of that,that right there is the ticket.I may have a blanket around here somewhere i can use,but i would be honored to have one from you and will gladly pay you for it.Send me an email  at curly54@sbcglobal.net and we will pow wow over that idea.Thanks for a great suggestion DBC,i had a brain freeze man... :D My cousin owns an a uphosltry shop too and i can have him spray the glue,i hope it's an old blanket though i would hate to mess up a good one...GOOD IDEA!

Man that picture looks like a junk shop,it's been thinned out alot,that's why i am trying to organise a little better.. ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Danny Bear Claw

I sent you an e-mail and a back-up private message.   ;)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Forty Rod

Just a thought, Rick.

I've seen something similar to what you're planning, but instead of pegs, the guy ordered some very strong magnets and drilled holes for them in his backing board.  Seems he got them from Edmund's Scientific (?).  Makes it easy to "adjust" the way they are displayed without having to move pegs and drill new holes.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

GunClick Rick

HMMM another good suggestion.Danny was kind enough to send a blanky,i'll try that first,maybe i can do both..
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Well thanks to Danny Bear Claw.He sent me a nice little indian blanket for my project and it will work perfect.Thank You Danny B. where do you get them at,pretty cool little blankets by golly.How many kids ya got? ;)

Gonna get after it tommorrow and i will send some pics when i get it finished.I really apreciate it.Thanks :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Danny Bear Claw

Well you're welcome Rick.  I hope the knife board works out for you.  Like I said before, we'd love to see a pic of the finished project.  I get them little blankets as thank you gifts for donations to one of the Native American charities I send money to, when I can afford it.  I've got like 4 or 5 more of them.  I sometimes use them as back grounds when photographing cowboy guns.

My wife, Maggie Three Feathers and I are childless by choice.  She has a son from a previous marriage but he is all growed up and haired over now.  I have given away a couple of the little Indian blankets to friends who have little babies.

Anyway...  good luck with your project.    ;)

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Badlands Walker

I couldn't find your project Rick.  I must'a done somethin' wrong pard?
"I ain't never killed nothin' that didn't deserve it".

Jamie

if you had a layout in mind it would be easy to drill holes, glue in the magnets and then cover the whole thing over with the blanket - the best of both worlds.  There are magnets out there - I think they're "rare earth" types that are flat, round and seriously powerful.  I've seen some that would hold up a knife and sheath without any trouble.  A really big Bowie might need two.  I don't recall the $ but any big hardware store ought to have them.
Jamie

GunClick Rick

I'm still a workin on it.I been buissier than a woodpecker with a foam rubber beak. :P.Got to git my duaghter married off and folks comin from Texas.Godbless Texas... ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

I really like that idea Jamie and your right about those magnets they are strong and they will work.I got my room cleaned up finally and the knife thing is next.It's been a real hard month so far.My dog and my shadow has cancer and may only be around another week or two,he is 15 years old at least,my duaghter is getting married on the 27 and will be here next fri from Texas and the inlaws come later,i got to get fitted for a Tux and get ready to play my flute at here wedding(workin on a song)and all i can think about is my little feller.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Danny Bear Claw

Rick... congrats on your daughter's upcomming nuptuals!   :D
Sorry to hear about your little four legged Pard.  I lost my African gray parrot a while back and still haven't gotten over it.  My dog is about 15 years old now.  We do love them so, and miss them when the go, don't we?   :'(

GunClick Rick

Yea boy...Dang not the parrot!My grandfather had one for years named Pauncho,when he was hungry he would holler thier names,Clyde,Marie,and he was free to rome,it's thought he got a bad batch of seeds and was gone the next day.I have a wooden Pauncho out in my tiki garden in his honor..I was round 16 when he went,55 now...Parrots rule!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Jamie

If you go back to Genesis (the Bible just in case anyone was wondering ::)) it's pretty clear that we were put here for two reasons - one is to be in connection with God, and the other is to serve as caretakers for the rest of the world that He created.  Well, most of the time we do a pretty crappy job on the second part of that assignment, but I think that the closest we come to doing it well is in our love for, and care for our pets (and occasionally for each other!)  We get the clearest clue of that success when we're losing one, and it causes us clear and powerful pain.  Don't forget that He knows when a sparrow falls, and cares.  Most of us can relate one way or another to your impending loss, and you will certainly be in my thoughts - lost such a friend about a year ago.  As to your daughter - figure that's the joyful thing the future holds for you and congratulations!
Jamie

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: GunClick Rick on May 24, 2009, 02:23:41 PM
Must be an Native American  thing ;D ;)

Giveaways are, indeed, a "native American thing"...

GunClick Rick

Quote from: Jamie on June 07, 2009, 04:42:50 PM
If you go back to Genesis (the Bible just in case anyone was wondering ::)) it's pretty clear that we were put here for two reasons - one is to be in connection with God, and the other is to serve as caretakers for the rest of the world that He created.  Well, most of the time we do a pretty crappy job on the second part of that assignment, but I think that the closest we come to doing it well is in our love for, and care for our pets (and occasionally for each other!)  We get the clearest clue of that success when we're losing one, and it causes us clear and powerful pain.  Don't forget that He knows when a sparrow falls, and cares.  Most of us can relate one way or another to your impending loss, and you will certainly be in my thoughts - lost such a friend about a year ago.  As to your daughter - figure that's the joyful thing the future holds for you and congratulations!
Jamie

I try to live by that,i do get sidetracked sometimes but get back to it real quick.I couldn't live without tithing and givein.God has blessed us with air in our lungs.What a gift of the earth he gave us with all it's wonders,i never take it for granted.Thanks for the thoughts..
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com