Vinegaroon Works!!!

Started by Freedom, May 14, 2009, 08:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freedom

I was quite unsure of vinegroon....After all if it really worked so well than why do we need Fiebings at $80 a gallon??

The commercial dark colors really trassh my leather and cause it to get wrinkles everywhere it has to be bent...I have gone to trying to talk customers out of the dark colors stating this as a good reason( actually  ::)I hate the mess and the fact that the black die seems to rub off on everything even after a month of drying ???)

Well since you guys talked about the vinegaroon so much I had to try... Now I found that I like to make as much leather black as possible.. I am a believer?

These  all got Vinegaroon, neatsfoot, Bagkote, and Skidmore's as a finish and they sure look better than anything I could ever get from Fiebings Dye. 

I ordered some PH testing strips so I will do some testing and report my findings for you guys in a week or so.

What do you think... ?

www.7xleather.com ...Cowboy and Muzzle loading Gear

Dr. Bob

Lookin good there Freedom!  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Johnny Dingus

Nice work Freedom.

Are you sure it wasn't the neatsfoot,bagkote and skidmores? ;)

I think we all were amazed when we first tried it. 

Your finish looks great.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Ace Lungger

Howdy Freedom,
Great job!!! You can beat Vinegroon if you want black!! I don't think you can beat any of the old time dyes! But to each his own, we all like different things!
Have a good one!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

Another convert. I found myself using black more when I first tried vinegaroon, too. It gives a richness that commercial dyes can't do. Very nice stuff, too. Congrats.

I love that head knife sheath. It's a good design.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Gun Butcher

Beautiful work Freedom,  each of those pieces have a really nice finish , very professional looking.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Vinegaroon, " THE BEST BLACK EVER "  and that's that......

Nice work all around Freedom   ::) :o 8)

Regards

tEN wOLVES   ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Wild Billy Potts

I find that the more I play around with the old methods the better they actually work or look. Like natural fabric dyes. They look far better than the new chemical types.

Nice work Freedom.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com