Does anyone live by or go buy a Big Sewing machine place or repair Place.

Started by Ace Lungger, May 11, 2009, 05:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

Howdy Pards,
I have spent many hours looking ans several hours talking, but I cannot seem to get with the right person.
First off, I do not want anyone to go out of there way, but if you know of or go buy and have time, I need a pack of Needles for my Singer Model 17-23 sewing machine, to the best of my knowledge, the needle is called 100No.16x2 size 24 or 25.
I called a couple of big Singer shops in a couple big city's and not one of the had that number, both told me they had a needle that they thought would work! I don't want to pay shipping charges on something that might work!
O would be great full for any help or advice!
Thanks
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

TN Mongo

Outrider swears by the folks at ferdco.com.  They sell their own machines, but they also repair all other makes.  If they don't carry the right needles for your machine, I'm sure that they can point you in the right direction.

Ace Lungger

Howdy Mongo,
I will get a hold of them and see! I thank you very much for the help!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

outrider

Ace,

The best place to find the parts you are asking about is at SInger.  If they don't have the item they will know where to get it.

According to the Singer Class 17 Manual, the 17-22 and 17-23 are the same machine except that the feed is on the left of the needle on the 17-23.   So they would use mostly the same parts. According to their manual the needle used for leather is a 16-2 needle which comes in various sizes depending upon the thread size you are using.  If you go to page 6 & 7 of the manual (Singer Web Site) you will see the various sizes of the threads and the corresponding needles used for a respective thread size.  The needle sizes are 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, and 24.  Example of a needle...No. 14, 16-2 needle..the 14 indicates the size of the hole in the needle (for the thread to pass through) and the 16-2 is the needle size.  Remember these are industrial machines not consumer machines.

Direct to Singer....Singer Sewing Machine Company
                          P.O. box 7017
                          1224 Heil Quaker Blvd.
                          LaVergne, TN.  37086    Tel:  1-800-342-2231 

you can also try  Industrial Sewing Machines at 503-759-4373
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ace Lungger

Howdy Outrider,
I think that I will just call that number at singer and get them to send me a pack, I was just hopeing that maybe someone lived close to place that had them, so I wouldn't have to pay a shipping charge! Maybe Singer won't be to bad, but some of those co. charge like $15.00 shipping and handling!
Thanks for all the help!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

TN Mongo

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Ace Lungger

Howdy Rick,
Next time you talk to him, ask him if any place he buys needles has / 16x2  1-60 I need a 5 pack, also you might ask him if he knows of any place that has Old Singer Industrail machine parts, I found a Singer 29-4, it is a early model, and I need the bobbin and shuttle cover, i bought one to day, but it does work, I need the one that has the 2 holes on one end only.
Thanks ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

outrider

Ace,

Have you tried to get those needles at the places I told you about?  You are looking for industrial size needles.   Most local sewing machine stores cater to commercial sewing machine users..not industrial users...you have to go to a supplier that handles large industrial sewing machines.  Have you tried Singer yet???  And by the way most only sell needles in 20 packs as packaged by the needle manufacturer...a suppplier will not normally break up a pack and sell only 5 needles.  I am about to order four different size needle packs for the new machine I am getting and they all come packaged in a 20 pack.  Unless you lubricate the needles ...
a long run on a few belts will heat up the needles to a point where they will wear out quite fast so you will need the extra needles.

Ayway good luck finding what you need..
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ace Lungger

Howdy Outrider,
No I havn't , but I am going to have to! I called up to a big place in KC, they told me the exact needle I needed, but there min. order was $35.00. Now that I need the other part I am going to call singer, but I bet they won't have it, they made several 29-4's most that are left are couins like R.T. got, I need the plate that cover the bobbins and shuutle cock, i found a place that sells them $75.00 , It won't take me 3 hours to set up my mill!
Outrider i will call singer Monday!
Thanks greg
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

GunClick Rick

I will see him tommorrow,i wrote the info down,i'll see what he says.
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com