457125 Lyman

Started by Marshal Deadwood, May 09, 2009, 04:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Deadwood

Anyone here shoot the Lyman cast 457125 bullet ? For me this bullet is very very stable, groups are really good. Makes the .45s really act 'grown up'....love the big bullets.

MD

Otter

I have used the 457125 since I started shooting 45-70s. For a change-up, I also use the Lyman 457193, mostly for under 300 yds and for hunting applications. But make no mistake about it, the 457125 is a time tested bullet and shoots very well in a variety of rifles. They work well enough for hunting, too, as several deer and a buffalo will attest. I have been tempted to try some other, heavier bullet designs, but eventually saw no reason to experiment. But I'm not a competitive shooter, either . . .
I hate rudeness in a man, I won't tolerate it . . . W.F. Call

NRA Endowment Life Member

Marshal Deadwood

Otter,,,I'm not a competive shooter,,,not exactly. I like to shoot..LOVE to shoot,,even do the SASS thing,,,but,,I shoot for ME....I just enjoy the comradrie of a cowboy shoot,,the smell of powder and the fun off it all.

Paw had me shooting his .22's before I started school. So, I must been no older than 5. I remember him teaching me how to shoot at that wee age. If he'd waited till I was an old kid,,,say ,,,8,,,,I mighta been into girls by then :) !!

MD

Fiddler Green

Quote from: Marshal Deadwood on May 09, 2009, 04:35:33 AM
Anyone here shoot the Lyman cast 457125 bullet ? For me this bullet is very very stable, groups are really good. Makes the .45s really act 'grown up'....love the big bullets.

MD

I got a box of them, as that was all their was availible and then didn't load them as I got more of my favorite (57132). Loaded up some for my friends to "plink" with. I tired some and found them to be just as accurate as the Postell: at 500 yards. I know, I have trouble with that too. But, they seem to not care that they have a fat round nose and they just keep going where you shoot them. I still like the Postell better, but, it's really just that I like the look of it better.

Bruce

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com