Address American Frontier Conversion

Started by Harley Starr, May 05, 2009, 12:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Starr

Saw an 1860-style Transition Conversion model marked as "Address American Frontier". Beautiful gun. Had a silver plated triggerguard and smooth action.

Address American Frontier was marked on the barrel. I don't know who they are but they seem to make a quality sixshooter. ;)

Anybody know who they are?
A work in progress.

Major 2

Amreican Frontier was Dave Anderson's Shop...he design a Type 1 ish Richards...it was not pure a Type I design having a more Type II Back plate. ( however, I will not dish the 38 cal. offering because 44 was also available nor the smaller Dia. exrtactor as
originals examples of that style exist )
Dave did a quality job though, out in Calif, and his guns were using some ASM parts, .
He entered into a agreement with ASM to expand manufacture , fuguring he could not keep up demand.
ASM then offered their Guns to Navy Arms, Cimarron & Traditions, sadly Quality Control issues began.
More than few were being returned to Navy Arms & Cimarron for repairs or replacement.
Issues included Fit & Finish , timing and firing pins.
Traditions was the last holdout, when Navy & Cimarron dropped the line.
ASM sold to Arerican Western Arms and subsuquently closed in 1999-2001, Dave lost his agreement for parts.

when planets align...do the deal !

Harley Starr

Sorry to hear that. :( The example that I inspected was amazing.
A work in progress.

Hoof Hearted

I have one in 44 that, for lack of better explanation, does not have a rebated cylinder. :o
Instead it has a "groove" cut in the cylinder to emulate a rebated cylinder. Had a broken boss on the ejector when it came my way.

HH
Anonymity breeds bravado.......especially over the internet!
http://cartridgeconversion.com
http://heelbasebullet.com
aka: Mayor Maynot KILLYA SASS #8038
aka: F. Alexander Thuer NCOWS #3809
STORM #400

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com