new sheath

Started by cowboy316, May 04, 2009, 01:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

ok pard i told ya to pull your saddles up tight and your hats down tighter so here it is made another pancake style knife sheath for my skinning knife hope your guys enjoy this one
    Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks good, pard. You're sure perfecting the pancake design.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Tac

I like that alot... very nice.
-Marshal Tac
"Well Mayor, I think we did our good deed for the day."
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

Ace Lungger

cowboy 316,
That pancake sheath turned out real nice!! I like a bunch!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

RollingThunder

Well holy moses, C316! That is SHARP!

And the knife is too.  ;D
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Rayban

Outstanding!!!!....and that's the highest praise a Marine gives..... ;D

JD Alan

Dude! That is one wicked looking knife. Oh yeh, the sheath is very cool. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cowboy,

Very nice! Great design and neat stitching! Thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice work c316, it sure will make pulling your knife from the left side a lot easier, nice job on the carving too, you're getting a real handle on these pancake sheaths. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboy316

thank you guys for all the kind words and praise it helps me a lot just wish there was more i could do
thanks guys
     Cowbvoy316

Hank Rugerman

If you get to thinking your important..try ordering someone elses dog around!

cowboywc

Howdy Cowboy
Very nice work. Keep 'um coming.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Tac

C316, I have a question about this type of sheath.... since there is not a welt between the two peices of leather for the sharp edge of the knife to ride against, have you noticed or do you think there would be a problem with the knife cutting the stitching of the sheath?

I am curious. I like the style and look of this type of sheath, but am concerned that the knife might destroy the sheath over time.
Any info / experience would be appreciated.
Thanks
-Tac
-Marshal Tac
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

cowboy316

Marshal Tac
in the sheaths ive made so far a havent had a problem with cutting the thread cuz i cement the edges down also and i try to give the blade as much room as possible  but then again i hardly carry a knife unless its during hunting season
but i havent had a problem yet so im not sure
    Tim

cowboy316

howdy pards
found the belt i pulled the pattern off of for this knife sheat and thought id post the 2 together
hope you guys enjoy

Marshal Will Wingam

Those look really nice together. Good job matching them both in design and color.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Rayban

Quote from: Marshal Tac on May 05, 2009, 02:04:15 PM
C316, I have a question about this type of sheath.... since there is not a welt between the two peices of leather for the sharp edge of the knife to ride against, have you noticed or do you think there would be a problem with the knife cutting the stitching of the sheath?

I am curious. I like the style and look of this type of sheath, but am concerned that the knife might destroy the sheath over time.
Any info / experience would be appreciated.
Thanks
-Tac

Tac, on this one I "attempted", I cut three layers of the leather (8-10oz.) and cut the blade shape out of the middle layer, to make a big ole welt. Comprende?

Marshal Tac

Thanks Rayban. I am always a little leary of sheaths with no welt....
-Tac
-Marshal Tac
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

cowboy316

heres a little sheath i did for one of my smith and wesson folders
enjoy
    Cowboy316

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Rayban and C316

You two Pards really have it going on there with your Pancake Sheaths, A Big Well done to both of you.  ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com