I got it home! And it is AWESOME!

Started by Ace Lungger, May 03, 2009, 07:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

Well I made the trip, and went and got the Old 17-23 Singer Home! This is a AWESOME machine, I have spent the last 2 hours trying to find a user manual, you can find them for all most all Model 17, but not the 17-23! It has bells and whistles!
if anyone, can tell me where to locate a user manual for the Singer 17-23 Industrial?
Any and all help will be deeply apprecated!
Thanks ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

RollingThunder

That's fantastic! I tried to find one on sewingmanuals.net ... couldn't spot it. But I wish you luck in finding one for yourself!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Gun Butcher

Ace, congratson your new toy. Try this web site , just scroll down until you find the 17 models and you will find a free download for the 17-23. 

www.singermachines.co.uk/Parts_&_/industbooks.htm
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ace Lungger

I know, I am as dumb as a stump, I click the link, I scrolled the hole page, didn't see anything about manuals, somewhere on that page, i found 3 machines that had manuals, with no luck! what is my problem?
Please help! Mt Eyes hurt!! :( ??? ???
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Gun Butcher

Ace, I am truly sorry the link was not complete if you will try it again it should work for you.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ace Lungger

howdy Pard, when you go there, and you find the pdf that says 17-5,17-21 ect, when you open it, and on the second page it will say except 17-21, 17-23 ect.
i cannot find that manual any where? Maybe I can call Singer tomorrow?
Thanks for trying
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Ace , try this one , it's half way down the page, listed as Singer model 17-22 and 17-23 here's the link

http://www.proleptic.net/products/index/10?show=100&page=2

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

outrider

Ace,

The 17-23 is the same as the 17-22 except the feed is to the left of the needle.  Singer has downloadable parts lists and manuals
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Silent Joe

Ace, look at "diplodocs.com". There is a whole list of Singer 17 machines. Good Luck. S.J.

Marshal Will Wingam

Congratulations, Ace. This is a good addition to your tools. Now there's no stopping you..... ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

I want to thank everyonefor trying to help me find a manual! TW, your site is the only site that has the right one (not Free) but $17.00 isn't to bad of deal. I might order it tomorrow, My wife ran over a bolt or something Sat. eve, so I had to go change it, Changing that tire allmost did me in! When I went to get that machine yesterday, I had on my Morphine patch a Flector patch, and 2 big Lidoderm patches, took 2 vicoden and a big xanax just to get me up and back!!So this cat daddy hasn't done much today!!
This evening I am to have a couple friends come over and unload that for me! i am not going to get a manual untill it is put back toghter!
Thanks again for all the Help!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

outrider

Ace,

The singer.com site has all the manuals you need for any singer sewing machine and they are a free download.  After all...singer is who manufactured your machine.  The manual on the site that TW recommended is nothing more than a copy of the one on the Singer site.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ace Lungger

Howdy Outrider,
I thank you for all the hard work you have done for me. I downloaded a manual that covered 17-1 threw 17-30, but it wasn't any use to me! It said very little about the 17-22 only a parts list. I thought that the roller foot that went up and down with the roller on it, would be timed with the bottom foot, so you would have a semi walking foot machine, but I have had some tell me, that this machine won't sew over 2 layer of 3oz leather, but i have read where it was ro work on leather shoe soles, I am very confussed! I think I wasted a day going getting and the money I paid for it, if it can't sew my belts! I don't even know what type or size of needle yo use in it!
Thanks
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ace Lungger

Howdy Pards,
Well, we got it in side the shop :) Hand my brother and a friend move it for me! :-[ :-[ I hate it, I can't do anything for my self!! >:( i got to get a manaul, the right neddles, and thread! i am cleaning and oiling it, everthing works!
  Because it was avertised on craigslist in a big city, and they had $100.00 obo, I didn't try to lower the price, I wish I would of, but I went to ebay, and there was a 17-23 just like mine, Head only and it was at $158.56 with almost 2 days left!
I don't know what to expect out of it, and I think I can get my money back if I decide to sell it! I had never seen a cardboard spool :o
If it will sew my belts, I will be very happy! I like the looks of belts and other stuff with a sewn outside edge! All I had was a little neddle, and I put it in, and it will just punch holes threw 9oz letter.

I will be ouy playing with it soon, I will try and keep everyone up to date!
Later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com