Dumb question??

Started by Ace Lungger, April 28, 2009, 07:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

Howdy Pards,
After I watch a carving video the other day, I am about to koose my mind!! I hope that this doesn't get me into a lot of trouble, but I have been looking for 5 days, and several hours per day, without any luck!
Once apon a time, some company or more than  one, made a 1 1/2-2" long pear shader, because I saw it on this video!
My chance does anyone have one of these, that they would what to sell, or know where I might look for one?
Any help, would be greatly helpfull!
later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboy316

howdy Ace
i know what your talking bout ive seen them used but never seen one for sale but that doesnt mean a thing
but what id do if you cant find one id try my hand at makeing one but that might be parder than it looks LOL im tryin to make a big back grounder but im gonna have to break down and buy a checkering file
well good look finding one post a p;ic if ya get on
     Tim

Ace Lungger

Howdy Tim,
I have made stamps and still do, but this one is a very hard to make! I have got to get the motor moved on the big lathe I just traded for, it is a old machine , and who ever went to all the trouble to make the mount and the set, if they would of spent a few more hours and mounted it on the back side, thing would be good. With out a lathe this stamp I don't think it can be made, but I am trying!!
Thanks
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboy316

Ace
i know how it is when ya get something and who ever ya got it from altered it and didnt do it right
its frustrating when you got to fix it just to get it to where you can use it
ill keep my eyes peeled here for that shader ive come across some old tool but not in the shape for the price they want
take care pard
     Tim

cowboywc

Ace
What video had a pear shader that long on it?
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ace Lungger

Howdy WC  :)
Soecial stamping I think? George was making some oval decortive objects, he put a 3D stamp in the middle and and used this pear shader to make it look like a large sunburst was going to the middle, and as he was going around, he could only use part of the tool because it was to big and would of run right into the 3d stamp. It realy made a nice looking design!
When it warms up again, I am going to try and make one?
Thanks
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Dr. Bob

Howdy Ace,

Ain't this here global warming a real bitch!!  I had to go to Georgia to get warm. :o ;D  Nice beach with babes in bikinis! ;) ;D  Come back and it is still raining and cloudy. :( :'(
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ace Lungger

DR. Bob,
You hit that right on the head!! And babes in bikins :o :o ;D ;D   This a crazy year with the weather! I just hope what happen in Nov. isn't what is causing all this, if you know what I mean ;) >:(
I better shut up, for I get in trouble!
Later ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com