Duelists & GF's: Checkered or non-checkered?

Started by Mustang Gregg, March 10, 2005, 12:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many Pards (that use one hand per gun) like smooth grips?

I like checkered wood best.
9 (25.7%)
I like smooth wood best.
7 (20%)
I like natural bone or stag best.
8 (22.9%)
I like smooth ivory or pearl best.
5 (14.3%)
I like hard rubber best.
3 (8.6%)
I like something else entirely.  Post whatcha like.
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Mustang Gregg

I been wonderin' what grip material other Gunfighters & Duelists like best.
Much obliged,
Mustang Gregg
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Iron River Red

Iron River Trading Co.

Joyce (AnnieLee)

I marked other. I've shot smooth wood, checkered, hard rubber, wood with engraving, fake ivory with engraving, B-Western stagstyle fake ivory with engraving...

So, I guess I have to say that I like SHOOTING best!

;D :D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Steel Horse Bailey

I put my vote in the bone or antler column even tho I don't have any at the present time.  That's what I like best.

My Ruger has white plastic ( :-[) grips.  All my others have wood grips without checkering.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

jiminy criquet

Supposedly the reason that pistol grips were primarily smooth wood is because the pistol is actually supposed to slide in your hand slightly under recoil...an upward rocking motion. 

You were never supposed to have such a vice grip on the pistol that it never moves in your hand.  With checkered grips and heavy recoil you would very soon have hamburger meat for palms.

Fannie Kikinshoot

I like checked buffalo horn, but have them on one set of pistols only.  Christmas, however, is just around the corner.

Fannie (who loves shooting Lady Gunfighter style) Kikinshoot
Carolina Belle, born and bred.

www.carolinabelles.net/vb
Is that a ten gallon hat, or you enjoying the show?

Sacramento Johnson

Howdy Pards!
New around here!  Shootin' duelist a number of years; like smooth micarta (black or white) best!

Four-Eyed Buck

I checked the rubber. I just got an NRV in the spring and it's the only one I have that way. Seems pretty nice, the rest of mine are smooth wood or imitation ivory. I like them all, but the rubber ones are are pretty comfortable.....Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Trapdoor Billy

Trapdoor Billy
Indian Scout and Delaware Cowboy

john boy

Gregg: ... checkered on everything!  Get the lasered checkering because the laser cuts sharp diamonds on the points.  Normal hand checkering (unless fine 24 point) has flat tops on the diamonds
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com