extreme carving even for me

Started by cowboy316, April 26, 2009, 12:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

hey pards i was playing with a tracing of a wild iris that i took off a painting i have in one of my books thinking that it might make a cool bible cover iso i traced it out on to some heavy skirting i had and went to work got 2 pics of it right now one after the main carving and then the next is partial backgrounding and beveling
  enjoy and feel free to hen peck it LOL
      Cowboy316

PS sorry guys not really cowboy but had to play and show LOL

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cowboy,

Very nice! Thank you for posting this. For someone like me who is trying to learn how to carve it's great to see the steps involved and how the carving does progress from start to finish.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ace Lungger

Howdy CB316,
Very interesting pattern, I hope that you will post you progress in steps as you go! I am interested in seeing the results.
Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks nice, Cowboy. It'll be good to see the finished item.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

JD Alan

Looks great to me Cowboy. Iris' are my wife's favorite flower, so I will have to show her this one. I think it's great that you are trying different things. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboy316

beveling is done decided that i need a bigger backgrounder so im gonna make one tonight LOL
and i got some pear shading done on the main Iris flower
   enjoys guys

Johnny McCrae

This is great! Please keep em' coming.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

It's coming along, Cowboy. Good work. Post a picture of the large pear shader when it's made.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

Cowboy316,
You Rock!! I didn't get your nuts shipped today, but will tomorrow! My Attroney appointment went longerthan it should of, and it is storming, and Old Uncle Arthur has came to visit!!
i love what you are doing, and I will get the package out tomorrow!
Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboy316

Ace
thank you my friend for the kind words im thinkin bout putting that on my next bible cover i make in some way or another LOL and as for the nut no big hurry if your hurting i feel for ya cuz i get the same way after 10 years of bulls and broncs LOL
take care and God bless my friend
   Tim

cowboywc

Howdy Pal
I quit them 25 years ago (well the bulls anyway) and I still get the aches and pains when the weather is bad.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com