Nickle Finnish?

Started by Danny Bear Claw, April 06, 2009, 06:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny Bear Claw

What are the best products for the care and protection of the nickle finish on guns?   ???
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Curley Cole

I asked the very same question when I got my custom nickel GW's and Sixgun Shorty wrote me and told me what to use.
It is not cheap. Costs about $19 for a 200ml jar but a little goes a LONG way. and it will shine yer gun and protect it from fingerprints etc.

The name of the stuff is:

Renaissance  Micro-crystalline wax polish.

I don't remember where I got it but I googled it and sent away for it...

http://www.woodfinishsupply.com/RenWax.html

this is the first link I looked at and they even have a 65ml tin. That will last you a long time..

If Sixgun Shorty uses it on his gunz, it hasta be good.

good shootin
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Danny Bear Claw

Thanks Mr. Cole.  I went to that site and read about it.  Sounds like good stuff.   :)

Finnish??  Sounds like I was looking to preserve some people from Finnland.   :o  Maybe I should click on the spell check option.   ???
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Dr. Bob

If you do, you won't be the only one to spell check! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Camille Eonich

Flitz is very good too.  Not so expensive. ;)
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

sliclee

Flitz is abrasive.
My Colts, 38 wcf, made in late 80's, I got 2 sets, switched from Rugers 1998 started using them and daughter. Use Hoppes in bore and to wipe clean between shooting. I also use Break Free. Live is S Florida on beach; a dry day is 65% humidity.Shoot in rain, etc. Never had nickle peel from either set. Easier to keep clean than high polish SS.
I do not clean after shooting, ever until shells dont eject, I wipe cyl and inside cyls if filthy with a patch of Hoppes all around. Then wiped with patch with BF. Used to shoot 7 times a month most ranges gone now but one, rest are 3 to 4 hours on Interstate.
Sold my daughters guns her finish was perfect, she switched back to Rugers now in college, she also cleaned when absolutely necessary.
My guns finish with 5 power glasses, one gun shows tiny black spots around but other wise to the eye look perfect, the other gun has no spots yet.
Major cleaning twice a year-remove grips, base pin,cyl,ejector shroud and stuff. Spray with brake cleaner, all parts, rare to ever open frame to clean,spray inside trigger spring area. When dry and warm, used BF spray inside all around JIC, would let sit, remove with nylon brush, never use anything firmer on any of my guns, if all clean spray again with brake cleaner, when warm hang over SS sink, that also includes all my rifles, hung on bungees, sprayed with BF and let drip for couple of hours wiping with tee shirt rags left over, nylon brush thru bore with BF, let dry a bit wipe down assemble wipe down outside, dry bore before shooting. The BF leaves a dry slick finish all over. When filthy,patch with #9 carbon comes off so easy inside might run a wet patch thru bore. Didnt shoot for last 1 1/2 years, kids went to college, remet my wife, went away abit.
Hope this helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com