Magna-Tip List?

Started by Coal Creek Griff, April 06, 2009, 11:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coal Creek Griff

I think it would be useful if we could put together a list of the Brownell's Magna-Tip screwdriver bits used with common CAS guns.  For example, it might be useful to know exactly which bits best fit the various screws on the Uberti 1873 rifle/carbine.  If such a list were produced, shooters could just order the bits for their specific guns and know that they were using the right bits.  I think it would make a good reference.

I have a basic set and I've purchased additional bits for some of my guns, but it would be easier when ordering if I already knew exactly which bits I need.

Can anyone help put such a list together?  I can fill some of it in, but I'm betting that there are others here who know a lot more than I do.

What do you think?  Is that a good idea?

Thanks!

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Abilene

I've seen such a list in the past, perhaps here or on the SASS Wire, but I don't have it.  Maybe somebody else saved it.

Coal Creek Griff

Here, an I thought I had an original idea.  I've never had one before, I don't know why I thought I had one now...

Thanks.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573

Coal Creek Griff

I still wouldn't mind having such a list, if someone happens to come across one.

Thanks.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573

Wild Billy Potts

I've ran across several screws over the years that were much thinner than those that come in the standard kits. I plan to buy the European set soon to fit those narrow slots.

Coal Creek Griff

I own a standard set, but not the complete set.  I quickly found that I had screws on my Uberti guns, but didn't have bits that fit (thinner slots as mentioned above).  I was at a bit of a loss to know which bit to buy and ended up having to borrow a full set to determine which bits I needed, then order those.  Since then, I've been pretty well set, but if I was to buy a new gun, I'd like to just go ahead and order the correct bits for it.  Maybe I should just order all of them, but then I'd have a lot of overlap (and some I'd probably never use).

This was more of an idea to help others--I have the ones I need...for now.

Thanks.

Creek Griffith

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com