Trail Boss

Started by curdog, April 05, 2009, 07:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Creek Law Dog

Quote from: larryo_1 on April 09, 2009, 12:23:40 PM
Rowdy and Grizz:

Okay, I went and got a can of this Trail Boss to try in my 45-75 this morning.  The stuff only comes in 9 ounce batches but not too spendy.  Spent 13 bucks for the can.  Now,  I will be using my Hoch 350 grain bullets and both redone 348 cases and 50 AK cases.  So, where should I start out at?

A friend and I bought Trail Boss in a 2 lb container the other day.  It came in a plastic bag in the manufacturer's cardboard box.  Kind of like buying wine in the box.
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Rowdy Fulcher

BCLD
11.5 to 15.5 for the 45-75 . I have only loaded 45-60 and I have had good luck with this powder .
What range are you wanting your velocities ? This will get you close  to black powder velocities I am totally guessing now .
But you will be in the 1100 fps to about 1200 fps . On page 2 Larryo_1 has posted information about loading 45-75 .
But before you load anything go to Hodgdon's/ IMR web site and read there information , we want be safe and have FUN .
Let us know how it worked for you .

Russian

I loaded and shot some TB loads a couple days ago, 14.5 gr behind a 350gr bullet in Bertram cases and it did very well, I grouped 2.5 in at 100 yards but was a little low and to the left, so am going to have to play with my sights to see if thats the issue.  Otherwise, I feel good about that load!
Russian SASS 78317

Великий князь Алексей Александрович в России

За Веру, Царя и Отечество!

Winchester afficionado

larryo_1

Russian:

Yesterday, I shot 10 rounds of TB/15.5/350Hoch at 50 yards to see what it would do.  I got 'em all in the 8 & 9 ring but had the same thing happen to me in that they shot to the left and I know that it is not the sights as with my other loads they are on que.  I do like what I shot and will see what happens at 100 yards next.  If the same thing happens with the first 5 shots then methinks that a tad bit of good ol' Kentucky windage will solve the problem.    ;D
When in doubt, mumble!
NRA Endowment member

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com