Multiple Calibers

Started by Doc Shapiro, March 05, 2005, 05:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you typically shoot multiple calibers at monthly matches?

Yes
No
Sometimes

Doc Shapiro

If so, what are they?

Personally, I shoot one caliber.  It's easier for me to deal with.

California Lawdawg

Only only, .45 Colt.

Lawdawg

Wrangler Rich

I'm set up to shoot 3 different calibers, 357, 45 Colt, and 45 S&W.  Gets me the variety I want, yet allows me to shoot 1 caliber. ::)
Hiram's Ranger # 10
It's not like it used to be, but it'll do.

Griff

Handgun & rifle both in .45 Colt, but loaded with different charges and wt. bullets.
Griff
SASS/CMSA #93 Endowment
LSFSC Life
NRA Patron

Mustang Gregg

Ammo:  One caliber:  .44 Special
Guns:  One chamberin':  .44 Mag in every gun listed below>>>>

But when all four of us go SASSin', we take (9) Rugers, (1) Marlin M-94, (4) M-92's all shoot the same ammo.
We all pack 12 ga SxS's too.

Mustang Gregg
Calamity JoAnne
Winchester Wade
Commissioner Gordon
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Qball

I have only two sets of mainmatch guns. :-[
A set of Colt-73 clones in .45Lc and a set of C&B Remington-58 in .44
Blackpowder only  ;)
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

Russ T Chambers

Used to shoot .45 pistols, and .44 mag rifle.  Got tired of try'n to sort them out, so I replaced my Rossi '92 with a '73 in .45 Colt.  Now life is easy.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Seafarer

I started with everything in 44/40 but picked up a couple .45 S&W revolvers and sold the clones so now the handguns are .45 S&W and the long gun is 44/40.
Seafarer
SASS 60382
NRA, NRA_ILA
Gun Owners of NH
S&W Collectors Association
NHRA
All things Smith & Wesson

Four-Eyed Buck

I'm set for three calibers, however, it's one match-one caliber. Might as well keep things as simple as possible. Only time I'd shot mixed would be if I had a mechanical failure...........Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Jax Orebetter

95% of the time it is 45 in both rifle & pistol. Every once in a while I hear Momma's guns callin' to me to take them out to play. (she doesn't get out to as many matches as I do) So, I have to break down and shoot those darlin' little Ruger Birdsheads in 32 H&R.  ;)
Time to fold,
Jax Orebetter
~WARTHOG~

Silver Creek Slim

I started this game with .44 mag pistols and rifle. Switched to .45 Colt pistols. Got a .45 Colt Marlin which I found out has an out of round chamber which causes a lot of BP blowback. Now, I have a Henry .44-40.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

BlaiseNSaddles

Mostly it has been .45 Colt but every now and then I load up the 0.44 percussion stuff.

Micheal Fortune

Yep, one caliber, one gauge.........45Colt and 12ga.

I can imagine one day have a cute little something or the other and putting it in a cross draw holster......but for serious shooting it's just easier to reload for one caliber.
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Spanish Marshal

Hi:
I only use one caliber in my Uberti "Cattleman" and my "Trail end", 45 Colt and only one gauge, 12 ga.
Warthog

"Buena suerte amigo"

Mason Stillwell

When I shoot my 44/40 in the 73 I have to shoot that with either the 45 Pistols or the 38's.

Like to keep it to one but sometimes that is not possible.

Mason
Mason Stillwell

Grand Pap to 4
BP C&B Shooter.

Known early on as Pole Cat Pete
Tar Heel at Heart

Stoney Pete

I shoot multiple  .44 WCF in rifle and pistols, 12ga. in shotgun. ;D

Stoney (what answered no, but had to play devils advocate for fun) Pete

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Col. Riddles

All my main stage guns are 45 Colt with a 250 gr bullet over 4.2grs Hogdon Clays in Starline brass with Fed. lg pistol primers. All 3 shotguns are 12ga.
God answers knee mail † ><>
BOLD
SCORRS
SASS 7462 Life

Beauregard Hooligan

Howdy Folks,

I usually shoot one caliber on any day of shooting, unless there is a belly gun or derringer stage. My regular armament is two 7 1/2" blue/case Vaqueros with Indian Stag grips, and a Marlin 1894, all in .44 Magnum. These days, I am frequently exchanging the 7 1/2" guns for a pair of 5 1/2" SS Bisley Vaqueros also in .44 Magnum. My back up rifle is a Browning Centennial Model 92 in the same caliber. I take along a complete back up set if I am driving any distance, and that being a pair of 5 1/2" SS Vaqueros in .45 Colt and a Marlin 1894 Cowboy, also in .45 Colt. The odd set, and becoming more attractive as time goes by is a pair of 7 1/2" blue/case Vaquero in .44-40 and a Uberti '73 Winchester with a 30" octagon barrel in the same cartridge. I appreciate the .44 WCF the more I shoot, and reload it in quantity on one of my Dillon 650s, with none of the reloading problems I have heard about. Both of the Marlins and the '73 wear tang sights, and all of the pistols have been slicked up by Bob Munden. I tried shooting a pair of 7 1/2" Hartford Colt clones in .357 Magnum, with a Uberti Model '66 in .38 Special, shooting mild .38 Specials all the way around. But, I want my irons to buck and snort when I pull the trigger, and the mild loads just did not scratch the itch. And, I did not like the balance of the small bore, long barreled, pistols. I was quicker, higher up the ranks, but was not having as much fun. So, I traded the pistol off, and gave the Model '66 to my brother Rich (San Joaquin Slim, now of Friday Harbor, Washington). My derringer is a Bond Arms Defender in .357 Magnum (chose that cartridge for performance, if I ever needed it for urban protection), and I have two Forehand and Wadsworth belly guns in .38 S&W. I will pick up a Birdshead Vaquero blue/case in .45 Colt tomorrow, that I bought as I have always wanted one, and the supply is rapidly drying up. I also bought a 5 1/2" SS Bisley Blackhawk in .45 Colt, with an interchangeable .45 ACP cylinder (mad for Davisson's), as I've always wanted a multi-caliber revolver, and once these are gone, they will never return. I may put the Birdshead Vaquero away for a time when collectability raises the price.
     BTW, I came across one of the 50th Anniversary .357 Magnum
Flat Top Blackhawk at a local store, and put it on layaway. I always wanted a Flat Top Ruger, but they were really before my time.
   Adios,

Beauregard Hooligan
             NRA Life, SASS #5674 Life, NMLRA Life,
             Moderator/Deputy CAS-L
             The original Cowboy Action Shooting List

''If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in
the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.''
        --James Madison, while a United States Congressman
My Cas City Profile: http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/beauhooligan/
SASS Life * NMLRA * NRA Life * Deputy of CAS-L * River City Regulators * Mother Lode Shootist Society * Murietta Posse, WASA #56.
Stockton, Ca.

Danny Bear Claw

I have several sets of guns in 45 Colt.  A full set in 44-40 and am currently putting together a set of guns in 38-40 but I've always lived by the rule - "one match... one caliber".
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Pukin Dog

revolvers are 45LC and rifle is 44-40.  Shoot BP and 44-40 is the only way to go in the rifle.
"Puking Dog" Danlbach

Soot Lord Junior Grade
Semi-Warthog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com