Lead removal

Started by Angel_Eyes, March 25, 2009, 07:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel_Eyes

Anybody got any new ideas on removal of leading from barrels  ??? ???

I've just taken on a pair of Remy .44's and am astounded at the state of the barrels :o

I dont think they have been cleaned properly since the Dead Sea reported sick >:(

I've been at them now for 3 days, off and on, and am just starting to see those strange twisty groove things that you sometimes see down barrels, (don't worry guy's, I've saved the lead for re-casting ::))

Any easy ways to do it ???

Lead miner, AE  ;D
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Haggis MacGurk

Well, I've never had to work on THAT much lead, but this product works for me on my black powder guns.

http://www.slip2000.com/carbonkiller.html

Freedom

Take  dowel or very stron rod and the tightest fitting patch you can force down the barrel with a hammer/malet and this will wipe/push the lead out....you will have heavy feathers of lead stuck to the patch.

Another way is Bronze Wool...it is softer than the steel but harder than the lead. I bet you will find the tight patch works best.
www.7xleather.com ...Cowboy and Muzzle loading Gear

Nevada Mark

AE,
     I had the same problem with lead build up in my 45 --- I tryed a lead remover rod from Brownell's -- link below -- you will every happy with the results

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=21587&title=LEWIS%20LEAD%20REMOVER

Metequa
Aim Small - Miss Small = A Ture Statement

Fairshake

If you can find Kroil in your neck of the woods, use it. Soak the bbl good and let it sit overnight. Let it do the work and you will be suprised at how easy it is.
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com