My Own Targets

Started by Major 2, March 22, 2009, 05:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major 2

The two ranges that Sanction CAS are a good distance and private, the steel targets are put up after the match.
Some how I don't get the same satisfaction from punching paper, it's fine to sight in, but lacking in BOOM & CLANK.

I hauled off and built the adjustable stand I've drawn here...
It's made of 7/16" plate set @ 15 deg. in the 4 shapes shown (I'll add some others) and is adjustable to height and location among the base pin uprights.
I can change the look and configurations just by moving the targets around or up and down

Presently, I have the 18X18 square, 15X15 Diamond, 6" clipped circle & the 4 pointed star.

I think I'll add skillet shape and maybe coffee pot ...(edit) I changed the shpe idea to reactionary Coffin and Clipped circle
when planets align...do the deal !

Dirty Brass

I'm planning on doing the exact (well not exact) same thing up where we hunt. I have plenty of room, so why not I asked myself. I'll have to look your plans over - always on the alert for better ideas!  ;)

Major 2

Here is the finished project and some of the options.....Height adjusts from 15" to 36"
The Coffin & Clip Circle shpes are reactionary, the coffin swings and rattles when hit and the circle will pop- up

Major 2

Here is another option  ....Omni adjustable as to targets height and it's location on the stand.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com