Original Winchester reloading tools in .50-95 Express

Started by Buck Stinson, March 18, 2009, 06:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck Stinson

Winchester offered four different models of reloading impliments for the .50-95 Express.  Here are pictures of each of these models from first to last.

(top to bottom) 1875 model with original express bullet mold and the 1880 spoon handle 1st issue, with express bullet mold.

(top to bottom)  1880model plier handle tool 4th issue with express bullet mold and the very rare 1894 model tool with express mold.

Here are a couple of photos of the 1894 model reloading tool.  This original set is complete with tool, bullet mold and express bullet fixture, powder dipper and decaping pin, all new in the original box.  Hope you enjoy these.

Adios, Buck

ndnchf

"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Rowdy Fulcher

Buck
Great pictures . Thanks for sharing . If only they could talk .

Backstrap Bill

Buck,

Great old tools.

You wouldn't by chance know where a fella could get a correct jointed cleaning rod for the 76's?
Ain't got to where I'm going, but I'm past where I been.

Wes Tancred

That is indeed an amazing display. Buck's pictures and comments here are priceless.

Bill, you can get a correct replica cleaning rod from Buffalo Arms:

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,4391.html

If you have a rifle with a barrel of 24 inches or less:

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,4394.html

I have a five-section rod in my Uberti 1876. At first, it rattled a lot, which is likely why so many original rifles lack the rods. I tried various schemes, some of which were successful in eliminating the rattle, but which caused trouble of their own. Then, when I mounted a tang sight, I wrapped the original tang screw in a bit of paper, and placed it in the trap with the rod, and it seems to supply just enough pressure to essentially eliminate the rattle in normal handling of the rifle.

Buck Stinson

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the photos.  It doesn't do much good to have all the styff, if you can't share it with folks. 

Adios,
Buck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com