OT with 4 3/4" barrel

Started by Marshal Deadwood, March 14, 2009, 08:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Deadwood

I think the '71-'72OT's with the 4 3/4 inch barrel, with the early production 'navy' grips might be one kewl revolver. ANy of you got one similar to this ? I see it listed on Taylors site.

MD

Ace Lungger

MD,
I bought a pair last year, when they were on sale from Taylors, and they are my favorite guns!! I love them! The best point and shoot pistols I ever saw! And I traded some stuff yesterday for 2 brand new sets of Wild Bill's grips that the Grip Maker makes, I am to get them early this week, and can't hardly wait!!
There was a guy on SASS wire that had several cap and ball cylinders, pretty cheap, and I all most bought a couple to chuck up in my lathe and see if I could turn the cyclinder done to the cocking lugs and then mill the cartidge lip, and make a atemp to make the the ring, and then find a couple small gates, so I could convert my 1851 US Marshall's with 4 3/4" barrels! Maybe next year I will try that!
I think if you buy you a pair of those open tops, you will love them! I heard that they were finaly going to get there 51's conversion pistols in! I would love to have a pair of them!!
no Cash >:( >:(
Later Greg
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny McCrae

Howdy MD,

Enclosed is a picture of an 1851 Richard's Mason Conversion that I purchased from Taylor's. It originally came with a 7-1/2" long barrel. A friend of mine who owns a machine shop cut it down to 4". I'm not a good shot with a pistol but do OK with this one. It's a lot of fun to shoot.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Coffinmaker

Mashall D,

I have two versions of the answer to your question!!  And the answer is ...... TA DA ....... very KEWEL.  I have 4 3/4 barrels for my Open Tops (purchased as parts and fit) as well as original 7 1/2 inch barrels the front fell off of.  Got too close to my workbench and everything ahead of the ejector rod just fell off!!!!
Those barrels are 4 7/16.  Really balance well and are suuper fun to play with.  Same for my '51 R-M guns.
I actually prefer the 4 7/16 barrels cut to the ejector housing.  Major Kewel!!

Coffinmaker

PS: Still very accurate too

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com