Rossi 92 parts.

Started by Buster95, March 14, 2009, 10:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buster95

Hi, I'm new here so hello everyone  ;). I have a brand new Rossi Puma 92 in .45 Colt (without the ugly safety),  if you were going to put together a "parts kit" to keep your Rossi 92 in perfect shooting shape for a long time, what all would you include  ???  And where I can find these parts  ???

Buffalo Creek Law Dog

I just bought a new Rossi 92 and would like to know the same thing.
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Branding Iron Bill

Steve Young is who you want to talk to.  Give him a call.  He'll answer any questions you have, and is easy to talk with, and maybe have what you need.  And if not, I'm sure he will steer you in the right direction to someone that does have what you need.  HTH

http://stevesgunz.com/
Patrick  D.
AKA Branding Iron Bill SASS 2019
6th generation son of the Texas Republic since 1824
USFA CSS
SCORRS
RATS
A proud Henry owner.
STORM (Love my R-M 44's)

Fiddler Green

Quote from: Branding Iron Bill on March 14, 2009, 05:34:35 PM
Steve Young is who you want to talk to.  Give him a call.  He'll answer any questions you have, and is easy to talk with, and maybe have what you need.  And if not, I'm sure he will steer you in the right direction to someone that does have what you need.  HTH

http://stevesgunz.com/

I've been shooting a Puma/Rossi for about 6 months now. So far, I haven't really needed any spares.

Bruce

Goatlips

Only problem I've had with my SS Rossi was having the loading gate snap off in five degree weather at the loading table.  And I've seen two of them suffer feeding problems when the magazine wasn't properly cared for; in both cases the plastic follower had been replaced with a "better" steel one. 

Goatlips

Buster95

Quote from: Goatlips on March 14, 2009, 10:36:33 PM
Only problem I've had with my SS Rossi was having the loading gate snap off in five degree weather at the loading table.  And I've seen two of them suffer feeding problems when the magazine wasn't properly cared for; in both cases the plastic follower had been replaced with a "better" steel one. 

Goatlips

Where I can find a steel follower ???

Texas Lawdog

Steve is  The Man when it comes to Rossi 92s. He reworked mine (38/357) and it will feed eempty hulls.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Coyote Hunter

I have a Puma 92 carbine in .45 I bought back in the late 90's. It is the ONLY rifle I can snap shoot almost as well as my shotgun. I was stupid a few years back and traded it off. I was so unhappy, that  I traded way over it's value just to get the guy to trade it back. I am a firm believer NOW that if you get a gun that just fits you right, keep it, no matter what new toys come out.I know some say the action isn't as smooth as say, an other importers version, but by golly it's a shooter.

I use it is a saddle scabbard occasionly and last year I cracked the stock right behing the receiver.  :'( I tried to find a replacement but never had any luck. so I "Gorilla Glued" it, and it works fine. :)
"The Lord Is My Shepherd, The Bible is my guide, My horse is my partner, Mr. Remrington's on my side."

Member of the American Frontier Reenactment Guild
SixGuns Entertainment, Inc. www.sixgunsonline.com
T & L Ministries as the Circuit Rider Bro. Beauregard http://saddlebagpreacher.blogspot.com

"Shoot'em" Justin Case

I don't know if they're still in business, but I always was able to find parts for my Rossi at:

M & M Gunsmithing
Address:   204 S Union St, Alexandria, VA 22314 
Phone: (703) 739-2150

I broke my rifle stock in a car crash and they had a replacement for it as well.
Very friendly people, willing to spend the time to get the right parts.

Major E A Sterner

There is a screw on the left locking lug that holds the pin for the locking lugs in place that is know to crack. I would keep a couple spares in my kit for emergencies.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Griff

Quote from: Major E A Sterner on March 24, 2009, 08:23:48 PM
There is a screw on the lever that holds the pin for the locking lugs in place that is know to crack. I would keep a couple spares in my kit for emergencies.
Actually the screw is on the left locking lug.  A firing pin.
Griff
SASS/CMSA #93 Endowment
LSFSC Life
NRA Patron

Major E A Sterner

I stand corrected ;D, I don't have my 92 anymore so I couldn't check before posting, I do know that I broke 2 of those screws in the 5years I used a 92
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

jimmyb.1

Quote from: Major E A Sterner on March 24, 2009, 08:23:48 PM
There is a screw on the lever that holds the pin for the locking lugs in place that is know to crack. I would keep a couple spares in my kit for emergencies.

This broke on mine also - very common.  It's well worth it to go to the store and buy a screwdriver the matching size.  It is a metric screw for a metric gun (Rossi).  I ordered a win 92 screw and it did not fit.  Even a win 92 hammer is a bit off from a metric 92 Rossi hammer in thickness.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com