Grumpy Lunch Bunch, 3-19-2009

Started by Forty Rod, March 12, 2009, 03:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forty Rod

GLB will meet for lunch on Thursday, March 19that 11:00 am at Café Calato, 9640 Center Street # 150, Rancho Cucamonga.

All new staff, but the same great food.  See you all there.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Leo Tanner

I need some gas money.  Aint got one a them stimulated checks yet.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Forty Rod

Hell, if that's all that's keeping you, I'll have a simulated check in the mail tomorrow morning.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Leo Tanner

I bet you would!  Just settin down ta figgure 500 miles an back in a 96 Chevy Blazer.

I know the wife would get a kick out of it.  Get that Nighteyes ta show an it would be somethin.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Forty Rod

Dan'l was with us a week ago today, 's a matter of fact.  Dang near ran him off.  It had been so long since we'd seen him I figured him for a stranger.   ;D

Why, don't you make a vacation out of it and come on before school's out and all the morons....uh...tourists, show up for the summer?

Leo Tanner

We'll give it a go.  Was hoping to get to Arizona to see my Dad real soon and it wouldn't be too out of the way to stop by.  Just some semantics ta figure out.  Me an the Lady'll have ta make it a suprise an just show up one of these times.

Roland Deschain

Howdy Doody

Quote from: Leo Tanner on March 12, 2009, 09:52:54 PM
We'll give it a go.  Was hoping to get to Arizona to see my Dad real soon and it wouldn't be too out of the way to stop by.  Just some semantics ta figure out.  Me an the Lady'll have ta make it a suprise an just show up one of these times.

I dropped in last year to one of the GLB get togethers. I have never seen such a gathering of grouches in all my years. There was a couple of uglies in the mix too. Good thing they had some of the ladies to ease my eyes.

;D
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Forty Rod

I agree that there were some uglies in the group, but you were only there the one day and I started the dang thing and they can't get rid of me.  ;D

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Leo Tanner on March 12, 2009, 06:14:10 PM
Get that Nighteyes ta show an it would be somethin.

Tellya what.  I'll show up if you will... ;)

Forty Rod

Alright, a challenge!!!

Anybody else take him up on this?  We can fill a restaurant right up with GLB if we work at it.

Our record for most was 26, least was 3.

Leo Tanner

OK, the 19th is a little close ta meet the challenge, if ya get the next one nailed down we're thinkin we can do it.  I'll be the guy wearin the western hat with the hot blonde at his side.   

Roland Deschain

Daniel Nighteyes

Leo Tanner

Now ya had ta go an say somethin like that.  Figguin reactionary ol' Leo'll come heck er highwater after bein called a wimp.
Well yer about right, the wife is crunchin the numbers as we speak.  Gone and got her all excited now. :D

Roland Deschain

Forty Rod

April 2nd will be the one after the 19th.  Don't have a place yet, but I'll let everyone know.

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Leo Tanner on March 13, 2009, 10:59:55 PM
Now ya had ta go an say somethin like that.  Figguin reactionary ol' Leo'll come heck er highwater after bein called a wimp.
Well yer about right, the wife is crunchin the numbers as we speak.  Gone and got her all excited now. :D

Well?  Should I grease muh wagon-axles er not? 8)

Leo Tanner

I'd hold off this go around.  Today is my step daughters 19th birthday and the wife spent a ton.  Most of the stuff she bought is for the benifit of our grandson so I didn't try talkin her out of it.  We should be recouped soon enough though.  Both of us really want ta do this, we just have ta be practical.

OK commence with the throwing of rocks and sticks :o
I am guilty of waffeling :-[

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

Leo, You get any worse on the waffling, and I'm gonna get U a Wonder Wimp T-shirt to wear.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 17, 2009, 09:46:14 AM
Leo, You get any worse on the waffling, and I'm gonna get U a Wonder Wimp T-shirt to wear.
I can see it now -- Leo in that shirt, and me in my "My Heroes Have Always Killed Cowboys" tee shirt. 8)

Leo Tanner

Come on now Tex, were talkin a 1000 mile round trip fer lunch.  Sounds almost as extravigant as an AIG executive. 

Good one Dan :D

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

Leo, That's no hill for a stepper!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com