Brass for Steel 1860

Started by Harley Starr, March 05, 2009, 11:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Starr

Having seen the 1860 Long Cylinder conversion in Dennis Adler's Colt Single Actions book, I've been curious. Clearly all of the Uberti 1860 Army guns have brass triggerguards. Lately I've noticed that Richard's Transition Conversions as well as the various 1872 Open-Tops were equipped with all steel backstraps and triggerguards. Think Cimarron Arms would put together some 1860s with steel frames?
The Long Cylinder gun in Adler's book was also nickel plated. Where could I get that done?
A work in progress.

Mako

Quote from: Ridgway on March 05, 2009, 11:31:40 PM
Having seen the 1860 Long Cylinder conversion in Dennis Adler's Colt Single Actions book, I've been curious. Clearly all of the Uberti 1860 Army guns have brass triggerguards. Lately I've noticed that Richard's Transition Conversions as well as the various 1872 Open-Tops were equipped with all steel backstraps and triggerguards. Think Cimarron Arms would put together some 1860s with steel frames?
The Long Cylinder gun in Adler's book was also nickel plated. Where could I get that done?

Ridgeway,
If you have a clean pair of Uberti Brass 1860 trigger guards I'll trade you my pristine steel ones from an unfired pair of Transition Models pictured below.

~Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Harley Starr

Unfortunately I do not have a pair of brass triggerguards at this time. :-[ I greatly appreciate your offer. Nice guns. 8)
Need to build up the funds on the brass first. I'll have to check with Dixie Gun Works.
A work in progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com