USFA Remingtions-a phatom or a real possibility?

Started by Virginia Gentleman, March 01, 2009, 11:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virginia Gentleman

With the fall of the Lightning rifle and the focus on the USFA SAA, I wonder if these will ever be produced?  Anyone see an Omni-Potent lately?

Fox Creek Kid

Almost every last Man Jack of us here has given up on the Remmy.

Blackpowder Burn

Virginia Gentleman,

Yes, I've seen a new Omni-Potent last December.  It was gorgeous.  I was told by the dealer that USFA will accept orders for them.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on March 02, 2009, 03:05:09 AM
Almost every last Man Jack of us here has given up on the Remmy.

Yup.  They still havent responded to the straight forward question on the USFA Forum. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Appalachian Ed

A Myth....If you want a Remington, buy an original...

-Ed
"We believed then that we were right and we believe now that we were right then."
- John H. Lewis, 9th Va. Infantry

Virginia Gentleman

Yeah, I figured as much.  Thanks for the replies guys!

Harley Starr

With all due respect to my fellow CASCITY members, I find everyone's lack of faith regarding this subject to be extremely disturbing! >:( When I talked to Gary Granger in December of 2008 A.D., he told me that they would be '09 guns. Now listen up! This year has JUST BEGUN! I understand that alot of you out there are jaded and/or cynical about these things and you've got every right to feel that way. But before anyone of you posts another negative thought regarding the Remmy, consider this. What if the owner of USFA, the one power who says whether or not we get to buy these guns takes your lack of faith to heart, and cancels them anyway? ???

BELIEVE AND RECEIVE! DOUBT AND DO WITHOUT!
A work in progress.

Fox Creek Kid

Quote from: Sixgun Kilrain on March 02, 2009, 09:17:57 PM...What if the owner of USFA, the one power who says whether or not we get to buy these guns takes your lack of faith to heart, and cancels them anyway? ???

Then I would hope that someone at USFA would say "gee, maybe we should have been more honest & forthcoming with the people WHO PAY OUR BILLS, THE PAYING CUSTOMERS."  ;) 

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Sixgun Kilrain on March 02, 2009, 09:17:57 PM
But before anyone of you posts another negative thought regarding the Remmy, consider this. What if the owner of USFA, the one power who says whether or not we get to buy these guns takes your lack of faith to heart, and cancels them anyway? ???

---------------

Oh please.  Do you actually think we all live or die by what Doug decides to do with his business?  All we are asking is someone with authority respond to the many questions that have been asked about the Remingtons either here, on the USFA Forum or on the SASS Wire.  If they are never made I really dont care at this point.   I can think of alot better things to spend close to 2K on than a USFA Remington.  In fact,   since they havent been made,  I have spent much more than that on other guns and equipment.  I figure it is USFAs loss and NOT mine.

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Major 2

I say this..may get me in dutch with some  :-\

At Shot 07 I spoke to Donaley at the USFA Display and he showed me two rough forgings for the 1858.
He said "don't expect them {58 or 75's} soon it might be two years.
Then two finished guns were shown at Shot 08 in the Remington Booth.
Now Shot 09 is over here in Orlando and USFA was not on site nor were any Remingtons 58's to be seen at Remington's booth.
I expect the economy, and perhaps the forcasted gloomy recession, if it has not axed the project it surely has put it on back burner.
A near $1500 C&B gun or near $2000 1875 SA are not on the best road for stimulus  :-\

I'm more Puzzled by the reasoning behind the RAINBOW colored SAA's
when planets align...do the deal !

RRio

Quote from: Major 2 on March 03, 2009, 10:52:57 AM
I say this..may get me in dutch with some  :-\

At Shot 07 I spoke to Donaley at the USFA Display and he showed me two rough forgings for the 1858.
He said "don't expect them {58 or 75's} soon it might be two years.
Then two finished guns were shown at Shot 08 in the Remington Booth.
Now Shot 09 is over here in Orlando and USFA was not on site nor were any Remingtons 58's to be seen at Remington's booth.
I expect the economy, and perhaps the forcasted gloomy recession, if it has not axed the project it surely has put it on back burner.
A near $1500 C&B gun or near $2000 1875 SA are not on the best road for stimulus  :-\

I'm more Puzzled by the reasoning behind the RAINBOW colored SAA's

I hope you do realize that the members on this board are free to voice their opinions. This is not a USFA-run board, and if somebody wants to voice their pleasure or displeasure with issues pertaining to USFA, they are free to do so, as long as it does not turn into personal attacks or name calling.

So, please do not worry about getting into "dutch" with myself or Marshal Halloway if you have a valid criticism.
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Major 2

criticism ..none intended , just a first hand observation.

At the 07 Shot Show, USFA had a 80'X100' well designed and very nice Display ...
09 show no USFA presence at all, and no USFA Remington's at the Remington Booth.

It speaks droves to me .... :-\  IMHO

when planets align...do the deal !

Harley Starr

Quote from: Rawhide Rio on March 03, 2009, 01:35:23 PM
I hope you do realize that the members on this board are free to voice their opinions. This is not a USFA-run board, and if somebody wants to voice their pleasure or displeasure with issues pertaining to USFA, they are free to do so, as long as it does not turn into personal attacks or name calling.

So, please do not worry about getting into "dutch" with myself or Marshal Halloway if you have a valid criticism.
It was never my intention to step on other people's toes. Maybe I was overstepping my boundries when I fired off like that, but I won't lie to you about how I feel. Ever.
A work in progress.

RRio

Quote from: Sixgun Kilrain on March 04, 2009, 12:45:35 AM
It was never my intention to step on other people's toes. Maybe I was overstepping my boundries when I fired off like that, but I won't lie to you about how I feel. Ever.

Sixgun,
No worries, pard. You didn't step on anybody's toes, and wasn't overstepping any boundries.
If we can't voice our opinions on this board, then what good is ? I don't want folks thinking they can't.

If what I said was taken like I was coming down on anybody, it sure wasn't meant to be taken that way, and I sure do apologize for it.

Quotebut I won't lie to you about how I feel. Ever.

We wouldn't want you to. Everything's cool, pard!   ;)
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Virginia Gentleman

It would be nice to see them offer something new even in limited numbers.  I think they would sell, but that is just me. :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com