Man With No Name gun

Started by Four Eyed Floyd, February 28, 2009, 03:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Four Eyed Floyd

Did anyone buy one of these 51 conversions? They are in 38 and sold by Buffalo Brothers I believe.
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311
Scioto Territory Desperadoes

Jrw8214

Not yet but i sure do want one. Thats where my love of conversions started.

Fingers McGee

I'd love to have a pair of them.  Unfortunately, the CFO says I can't afford them right now.  :'( :'( :'(
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Fox Creek Kid

I knew a fella who ordered one. The FFL tried to tell him "there is NO ejector" but he wouldn't listen. Guess what his first complaint was when he got it?  ::)

Fingers McGee

That's the main reason I want em.  The look perzactly like the '51 Navy. 

FM
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Four Eyed Floyd

I see that there is no ejector, guess you just pull em' out after it is fired. that could be a hassle, but otherwise it is realy cool looking!
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311

Trinity

I have been a huge fan of the Leone westerns for many years.  When I first saw the Man with No Name Conversion, I knew I had to have it.  It's actually a Cimarron offering, but can be found on Buffalo Arms' website for a several dollars less. 

I called the folks at Buffalo Arms and then Cimarron sometime last spring only to learn that it is one of the items that Uberti only manufactures one lot of these per year.  The lady at Cimarron (I'm bad with names) told me that they were still taking orders for it, but it would be around a year lead time.  I'm an impatient person, so I declined, but she was kind enough to suggest that I search Gunbroker and that I could possibly find it cheaper.  Pretty nice, I thought.

I guess the moral of the story is that if you really want one, get it when you see it. :D

On an interesting note, last year Buffalo Arms showed the revolver with a dowel for removing the spent cartridges.  They don't show it any more.

Old pic:

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,6790.html
http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/Conversions/ManNo%20NameConv.htm#

Floyd, a dowel or stick would be the best way to remove the spent cartridges, because the 38s can sometimes stick real good.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Fingers McGee

Quote from: Fingers McGee on February 28, 2009, 06:30:11 PM
I'd love to have a pair of them.  Unfortunately, the CFO says I can't afford them right now.  :'( :'( :'(

Well.... amazing what a difference a few days makes.  CFO said I could order a pair of these for my Birthday.  Called Buffalo Arms and ordered a pair.  They don't have any in stock, and are on back order.  I asked if they had any idea when they might arrive and was told, maybe a month or two; but they really wont know till they show up.   Told them, to add a couple more to the back order list.  I can wait till they come in.

As to the dowell to punch out empties with.  They are now made with a two piece loading lever.  Unlatch the loading lever & the fron half slides off so you can use it to punch out the empties.

Leo Tanner

I want one.  After teachin my wife a bit about guns we watched on of my favorite movies, The Good the Bad and the Ugly.  She spoke quick saying "that has a rammer on it but he's using cartriges".  Told her that was the beauty of the early days of the conversion.  Sweet thing called me up again when the close ups of Van Cleef's gun were shown at the end and she said, "why does he have a belt full of cartriges when you can see the caps on the cylinder?".  Told her they were probably for a rifle they never showed.  Good girl, the best by far :D :D :D
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Trinity

Quote from: Fingers McGee on March 05, 2009, 10:57:29 PM
Well.... amazing what a difference a few days makes.  CFO said I could order a pair of these for my Birthday.  Called Buffalo Arms and ordered a pair.  They don't have any in stock, and are on back order.  I asked if they had any idea when they might arrive and was told, maybe a month or two; but they really wont know till they show up.   Told them, to add a couple more to the back order list.  I can wait till they come in.

As to the dowell to punch out empties with.  They are now made with a two piece loading lever.  Unlatch the loading lever & the fron half slides off so you can use it to punch out the empties.

Great!!!  We all want to see pics and have a range report when you get it! ;D ;D

Leo, you're right that loading levers on a conversion were not unheard of but this gun was patterned after Eastwood's gun, which is movie anachronism, if you will.  A sort of hybrid, '71 Open Top frame with BP barrel. 

That doesn't mean that I don't want one, though. ;D

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Leo Tanner

Well I made sure to point out the scene where Tuco broke several guns down in the store and built his own.  That left "anything is possible" as a viable answer. ;D

I just love the dang movie.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Bad Ramon

I truley think its one of the greatest westerns ever made..........The sound track alone is worth the price of 2 admissions. Lee Van Cleef has to be one of the evilist bad guys that ever drew a breath. Sergio Leone indeed created one of the greatest epics of all time.........Long live Blondie and Tuco, there the only two left.

Leo Tanner

Always wondered how Tuco got out of the cemetary with his share of the gold.  You knew he'd find a way, but how?

Roland Deschain

Fingers McGee

Quote from: Trinity on March 07, 2009, 09:04:03 PM
Great!!!  We all want to see pics and have a range report when you get it! ;D ;D

There will be pics and a full report whey they get here.  Will have factory, BP and sub loads ready to give them a good work out.

FM

Ace Lungger

Fingers, could you have your CFO talk to my CFO??? :) ::) ::)

ACE
I have a pair of these never shot, that I would love to convert, but you almost a factory51 conversion for what it would cost :( :(
I just can't see paying as much almost as buying another pair.
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Four Eyed Floyd

Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311

Leo Tanner

Don't see many in that length.  Did you do the front sight and rammer catch?  It looks slick.

Roland Deschain

Ace Lungger

Howdy Pards,
Leo, I ordered them from Calebela's. If I new more about lathe work and milling, I would order a pair of spare cylinders, and try and convert them my self! but i hate to waste $100.00 :o :o

Thanks for the kind words about my pistols!
Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Leo Tanner

I kind of got off the conversion kick when I got my first C&B.  The wife wants one bad in 38 and it'd be a great addition to the family, but for now I like loading and shooting mine the original way.  I still do get temped to fiddle around and spend more on them though.  The money is a big factor.

Roland Deschain

Fingers McGee

Quote from: Ace Lungger on March 10, 2009, 08:54:41 AM
Fingers, could you have your CFO talk to my CFO??? :) ::) ::)
ACE

Sure Ace, glad to help out any way I can.  I've found it helps to be having a Birthday for some of these big purchases, and it helps when there is a big tax refund coming.  Love Missouri's incremental exempting of Fed retired pay.  It was 35% for last year & 50% this year.  All that witholding getting refunded.

FM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com