Back ta white??

Started by Paladin UK, February 18, 2009, 01:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin UK

Fer my fellow opentop fanatics!! ;D

I`ve been nosin` around tryin ta find a piccie of a 1851 Reb (like the one I`m gettin) Taken back to the white or stainless

I feel I might wanna take it back ta white. Now I aint seen an opentop taken back to the white with a BRASS frame, and I dont know whether I`d do it without seein one already done!!

Paladin (Whut needs piccies :D) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Fingers McGee

And here's one in .36 with GWII grips & polished gripframes.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Paladin UK

Thanks fer yer replies pards. ;)

I like it......A LOT!! I wasnt sold on the idea of it havin brass rather than a steel frame, I thought it might look a bit odd!! But it looks GREAT!!

Sooooo it looks like I gonna do the deed `n` bring her back ta white!
I`ll post piccies when I get it before I perform surgery `n` again after

Paladin (What cant wait  ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Pettifogger

Fingers, I LIKE that one.  Did you get the GW II grip frames from VTI?

Fingers McGee

Quote from: Pettifogger on February 19, 2009, 07:38:30 PM
Fingers, I LIKE that one.  Did you get the GW II grip frames from VTI?

Yes, they're the blued finished ones that they list.  Soaked them in white vinegar for about 6 hours to dissolve the bluing, then polished them on a buffing wheel on my grinder finishing the tight spots with a Dremel polishing wheel.  Came out real nice.  The white grips came from Curley Cole.  I've had them on back order from VTI for over a year now and Curly had some extras laying around.  I really need to call Buffalo Sam Peed at EMF to try to get some checkered grips.  They'd look great on the pistol too.

FM
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Deadguy

Hey PUK, here's a brass frame '51 that has been put into the white and then heavily antiqued.

http://www.bpstuffllc.com/antique1.jpg
Check out my website at www.bpstuffllc.com for blackpowder shooting supplies and custom finished and tuned cap and ball revolvers!

Paladin UK

Fer Deadguy................

Now that really does look original!!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiicee!! Very Nice!!

Paladin (What might try ta antique too!! :D ) UK

Paladins Web Site

Ottawa Creek Bill

As we all know the 1851's did not have brass frames, so that sorta gives it away.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Paladin UK

OCB says..........

QuoteAs we all know the 1851's did not have brass frames, so that sorta gives it away.

Yep!!........... `n` they wernt in .44 either!! ::) But Hell, they sure are fun ta shoot `n` after all, we`re here ta have fun!! :D

Life's too short ta take it too serious!! `n`  havin a near fatal heart attack puts a new prospective on things!! and whats really important!!

Paladin (Whut lurvs playin cowboy :D ) UK

Paladins Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com