Valentine Gift for Mrs. Daisy

Started by Pancho Peacemaker, February 12, 2009, 11:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancho Peacemaker

My wife, Daisy Dakota shoots a pair of Beretta Bisley's.  She's been envious of many of the custom grips she see's a various shoots.

Problem:  The grips shape on the Beretta Bisley is different from the Colt and Uberti Bisleys (yes, I know Uberti makes the Beretta gun, but the frame on the Beretta is angled slightly different) . . . thus almost no aftermarket grips are available.

Anyhow, I found VTI sells oversized, unfinished Uberti Bisley grips.  So I bought a pair, shaped them, stippled them, then stained them pink  (Woodburst Tung Oil based stain) and finished them with 6 coats of Tru Oil.

They may not appeal to everybody, but Mrs. Daisy sure does like 'em:

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

River City John

Pancho, those are luverly.
Gives a whole new meaning to "Pretty in Pink". ;)

I, for one, would like to see a pic of Daisy Dakota, all dressed to the nines, sporting those.
I know there are all colors of the rainbow made so that women can dye shoes to match an outfit. (Or gun leather?.  .  .hmmmmmm!) Let me guess - Daisy Dakota has something that matches these?

RCJ

(Love of a woman will turn a man's head, heart, and hands toward all sorts of endeavors. ;D)
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pancho

Nice work to say the least, I suppose if I were a Female I would loooovvvess to have a matching set of these, all kidding aside, you did a really good job pard, I've done several grip in my time, they're fun to do if you take you time, I like the dimples you put in , this should help her grip quit a bit, and PINK, WOW, she will have all the gals wanting a pair of these, Thanks for sharing with us. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com