replacing yellow boy sights

Started by fenwick, February 11, 2009, 08:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fenwick

my front sight is broken and I done like the flipp up ladder rear.
I only have one inch frm the rear dovetail to the reciever so I
havent had much luck finding a buckhorn that i like for the rear.
my current plan is for a marble's folding leaf rear and marble front.
I plan to shoot .38 spl 158 lrn with 135pf @ 25yds mostly. The
rear sight is offered in heights of .360/.460 or .520.. The fronts
heights run .260/.312/.343/.375/.410/.450/.450/.500/.570..
Any and all recomedations greatly appreciated. Thanks &
God Bless.

Daniel Nighteyes

Are you saying that you found a Marbles rear sight that will fit into that tiny space between the dovetail and the receiver?  If so, please tell me where!!!

Sgt. Jake

I know that Nate Kowia Jones recomends this site   http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(uidsysrqkttqfw550hl5hk3w))/categories/partDetail.aspx?catId=14&subId=167&styleId=764&partNum=RS-PM-1    for Henrys & 66 s. Looks a lot like the rear sight on my old Lyman Great Plains rifle,which has held up just fine for the better part of twenty five years,just a thought.                 Adios  Sgt.Jake

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Sgt. Jake on February 11, 2009, 11:16:18 AM
I know that Nate Kowia Jones recomends this site...

Nate will also sell you one directly.  That's where I got mine, which I haven't yet installed because of some problems with the dovetail slot in the rifle barrel.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Dan;  I use as a basic rule:  If you have to alter parts to fit, change the cheapest part.  ATBE.  Unless there is something obviously wrong with the dovetail slot?
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Sir Charles deMouton-Black on February 11, 2009, 02:02:14 PM
Dan;  I use as a basic rule:  If you have to alter parts to fit, change the cheapest part.  ATBE.  Unless there is something obviously wrong with the dovetail slot?

Affirmative on the rule; its mine too.  Yup, the dovetail slot was apparently "whacked" at the factory so it would hold an undersized rear sight.  There's a noticeable dimple (more like a trench!) right over the rear of the slot.  Looks like somebody held a screwdriver in place and hit the handle HARD with a hammer, maybe more than once.  Its an Uberti, and I bought it new, so one of the factory gorillas (you know, the ones who overtighten the screws) HAD to have done it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com