what is the exchange....

Started by Onery Arlys, February 20, 2005, 07:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onery Arlys

between ringo and doc holiday in toomestone in latin . what are they saying to each other?
The lord does not judge a man until he's dead then why sould i
Someone should bust you in the mouth....but i won't...i won't ....to hell i won't

Foothills Drifter

Howdy......
I don't know....  :o  ;)

Good shootin......
Vern... ;D

J.D.Cayhill

It's Latin, you can find the translation by doing a Google search on Tombstone Latin.
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man."
SBSS #638
BOSS #44
STORM #142
RATS #89

Micheal Fortune

Doc: In vino veritas. / Wine loosens the tongue.

Ringo: Age quod agis. / Pay attention to what you are doing.

Doc: Credat Iudaeus Apella, non ego. / Tell it to the Marines, not me.

Ringo: Iuventus stultorum... [he indicates his revolver] ...magister. / Youth is the teacher of fools.

"Iuventus" is sometimes spelled "juventus".

or...

Ringo: Eventus stultorum... [he indicates his revolver] ...magister. / Fools must be taught by experience.

(You decide which is correct.)

Doc: [Half-whispering with heightened intensity.] In pace requiescat! / Rest in peace!
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Doc Neeley

"Non carborundum illigitimi" or "Don't let the bastards grind you down."
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream. -- T.K. Whipple

Trinity

Now I finally know, I won't feel so dumb next time I watch.  Thanks, Micheal!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Black Harris

Been a long time since I had a Latin class but - In vino veritas - translates that there is truth in wine.

BH

Onery Arlys

The lord does not judge a man until he's dead then why sould i
Someone should bust you in the mouth....but i won't...i won't ....to hell i won't

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com