question 1873 uberti winchester

Started by Justice Johnson, February 08, 2009, 03:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justice Johnson

i just pickedup my new 73 winchester and discovered that the dust cover on the top does not close. the action cycles and the only way the top cover closes is when i push it shut, is this normal, ?????

thanx in advance

4 slugs from a 44 no less, no more

shieldsmt

Close it manually.  When you work the lever,it will open it and it will stay open.  If you wish to close it,you do it again manually.  Nothing wrong with your new rifle!

Charlie Bowdre

"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Justice Johnson

thank you all for the answer..............

regards

justice
4 slugs from a 44 no less, no more

Deadeye Don

I dont know what you guys are talking about.  Mine has this tiny motor that opens and closes the dust cover. 

;D
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Charlie Bowdre

QuoteI dont know what you guys are talking about.  Mine has this tiny motor that opens and closes the dust cover.

Oh You have the newer Model 73 made in Switzerland ::)
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Grogan

Quote from: Deadeye Don on February 09, 2009, 01:39:03 PM
I dont know what you guys are talking about.  Mine has this tiny motor that opens and closes the dust cover. 
;D

Does YOUR motor still work even when you've put it in "Park"?!! ???
Regards,
Grogan, SASS #3584

Frontiersman: The only category where you can play with your balls and shoot your wad while tweaking the nipples on a pair of 44s. -Canada Bill

Charlie Bowdre

Dang ...Wish I had thought of that one...

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com