Possible source for Cattleman 1873 BP cylinders

Started by Professor Marvel, February 03, 2009, 06:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Marvel

For those of our Colleagues in the UK who shoot the Uberti Cattleman 1873 BP revovler,
a gentleman on the SASS wire obtained a large lot of cylinders and it appears that there may be
some for this revovler:

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118440&st=0&gopid=1525042&#entry1525042

I am completely ignorant on the matter of import/ export of cylinders and parts, but I posted this in the event of
interest for our colleagues who share the interest in the game.

Unlike the brass remmies, this one is recent :-(

yhs
Prof Marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Paladin UK

Ho Professor.............

They did indeed look like Cattleman Cylinders..

OK..........try this one fer size..............

In the UK a Cylinder (Even a BP one) is considered a FIREARM!! Yep!! It has to be kept Locked in an Police Approved  Cabinet when not in use. And you will have to give a valid reason for wanting it

Just say a pard in the UK  bought all of them.............

That would bring him over the magic 12 firearms and so that means You would have to go for a Police approved grade `1` 6mm cabinet with at least 2 6 lever mortise locks bolted to a main structure (Brick wall) out of main sight, also a Police Approved Monitored Alarm with a Hot link to the Police !!!

Who's running the Asylum that what I wanna know!!  fight for your rights  Every Step Of the Way       Not enough did here and it cost us dear!!

Paladin (What wants his cartridge guns back :'( ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Professor Marvel

Great Holy Whale Dreck! I grieve for you.

That is a Vessell of "That Which Is Powerfuol and Promotes Growth" .
It might Start to make some reconsider Guy Fawkes and his solution. :-(
not that I would ever propose or promote such a dastardly thing :-)

So, Pray tell, how do "they" control drill presses,  printing presses, and Coaliers ?

yhs
Prof Marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Steel Horse Bailey

It's ALL people control, under the thin disguise of 'Safety.'

... And I'm afraid we're next.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Ned Pepper GB

Adding to what my Old Friend PUK just told you, he forget to say that additional cylinders require variations to our Firearms Certificate's, you can't just go and buy additional cylinders, it is considered another firearm and they don't like granting permission to purchase.

I have and shoot a Black Powder Cattleman and I would love to have a couple of spare cylinders.

As PUK said, fight for your rights.

Ned
Ned Pepper GB
Picketts Hill Marshals
Sootlord
BOLD 452
SCORRS
RATS

john boy

Folks, read this ...
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=28&issue=006

And here's my experiences with this British firearms control requirement...
Shotguns that can hold more than two shells at once now require a "firearms license" and are thus registered, and shotguns that can hold only two rounds require a "shotgun certificate."

I'm a waterfowler and have several British friends.  We do waterfowl swap hunts.  I have never been able to take my Remingtopn 1100 Magnum 3" shotgun to hunt geese in the UK because of the 'registered' section of their laws.  Instead, only SxS's and the 'shotgun certificate' process is a PITA.  If one doesn't start the process about 6 months before the trip, you'll never get your ORIGINAL certificate and British Customs will confiscate your firearms.

And here's how you get checked when you leave the UK - note the firearms they are carrying ...

Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com