Model 66 in unexpected movie

Started by Dusty Morningwood, February 02, 2009, 07:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Morningwood

I finally bought Stephen King's "The Stand" on DVD.  Loved the book and the mini-series was pretty good.  Near the end of the movie when Larry and Ralph are being driven through the jeering crowds of Las Vegas, most of the crowd - followers of Randall Flagg - are armed with a wide variety of tactical-style weapons like machine pistols, Uzis, AKs, pump shotguns, etc.  But one fella in a tank top is carrying an 1866!!  :o  Former CAS guy drawn to yet another Dark Side, no doubt.  ;D

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Dusty Morningwood on February 02, 2009, 07:57:57 AM
I finally bought Stephen King's "The Stand" on DVD.  Loved the book and the mini-series was pretty good.  Near the end of the movie when Larry and Ralph are being driven through the jeering crowds of Las Vegas, most of the crowd - followers of Randall Flagg - are armed with a wide variety of tactical-style weapons like machine pistols, Uzis, AKs, pump shotguns, etc.  But one fella in a tank top is carrying an 1866!!  :o  Former CAS guy drawn to yet another Dark Side, no doubt.  ;D

And why not???  After all, the Henry - and by extension the "improved Henry" - was the world's first assault weapon, right? :D :D

Good ta "see" ya, Dusty!

-- Nighteyes

Dusty Morningwood

Quote from: Daniel Nighteyes on February 02, 2009, 11:49:47 AM
And why not???  After all, the Henry - and by extension the "improved Henry" - was the world's first assault weapon, right? :D :D

Good ta "see" ya, Dusty!

-- Nighteyes
I see you survived your holiday in wine country.  Of course, maybe the guy was trying to earn some "style points" with The Walkin' Dude."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com