Bad couple of weeks....

Started by RRio, February 01, 2009, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRio

Last couple of weeks sure have not been a daisy for my family and myself. We found out the 23th that our Phoebe has got advanced cancer and does not have very long to go.

Phoebe

Judging by the way she is today, I'd say she only has a couple of days left. She's the smartest little dog I have ever seen, and it's really gonna be hard. Our other dog Zoey will take it hard also, she and Phoebe are great buds.

Zoey

It really sucks sometimes. :(
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Tensleep

Dern right it hard!
Our thoughts an' prayers are with you an' your's pard.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

River City John

Rawhide,
I am so sorry for what you're going through, having had to put our Phoebe (Yorkie) and Gracie (Cocker) down within a year of each other a year and a half ago. They were family members who had grown up with our kids, and it was hard.

And I know from experience, too, that when you talk about how smart she is, you're really saying you two paid attention to each other's moods and learned how to read each other and respond. You taught each other how to communicate. And that's a special kind of bond.
We are lucky to have such good, unconditional friends to share our lives. Your Phoebe is lucky to have you all for her family, too.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

GunClick Rick

:'( It ain't right..Hang in there pard,i did ok on my old pard a few years ago,then my sister in law brought flowers over,That's when i lost it.

She is a better dog cuase of you and you are a better pard becuase of her.They sure make us laugh and wonder don't they.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Texas Lawdog

RR, We all feel your pain. I have lost 3 of my dogs in the last 6 years. It hurts.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Leo Tanner

There's been a couple of Pards that have lost their best friends lately.  I know how I feel about my Angel, and my heart goes out ta you.  Gotta put up that "Rainbow Bridge"poem here.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Leo Tanner

Here ya go Pard.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

RRio

We just got back from having her put down. She really got in a bad way this morning, and we thought it best.
Hardest thing I've ever had to do. :'(

Thank you all for your concern. It helps.

Quote from: Leo Tanner on February 01, 2009, 01:27:27 PM
Here ya go Pard.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Thanks Leo. That is great.
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Dr. Bob

You truly have my sympathy!  I had to put my cat [19] down a couple of weeks ago.  It is terribly hard.  I'm still often lost around the house.  You will be in my prayers.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Dead Eye Dave

I understand as well.  I had to put my oldest pet(cat named Sterling) to sleep last December just before Christmas.  He was 15 and I have never had an animal that long.  Funny how they become good friends of ours isn't it?  My thoughts will be with you

Russ T Chambers

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Rube Burrows

Im sorry to hear that. We just lost a cat all of the sudden. I didnt realize how much I loved that cat. They grow on your for sure.

Animals become very close to their owners and are often mourned for a while when they go.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Troublesome River

You have my families sympathy pard. We lost rwo of our dog's last summer, and both had been a big help in taking care of our elderly parents. Just remember the good times, and as the rainbow bridge poem says, you will be together again.-Troublesome
I'm too old to fight, and I'm too young to die, but I ain't gonna run!!

Student of the lost arts
Pirate of the Darkside

Four-Eyed Buck

Know what you're feeling ,Rio. We've just had to put two pets down in the last two weeks. Our dachsy Cuddles two weeks ago, and now Ming our oldest cat this morning. You have our sympathies..........Buck&Sue :'(
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Leo Tanner

Damn Buck, the cat too :(  You are Job.  Our deepest sympathies.

Roland Deschain

Mulee Pete

Reading your posts peeled the scab off again, & I'm getting teary.  Lost my Cindy Kitty a year ago and it still chokes me up.  We figured if we could give her a home for 16 years we could find another critter that needs a soft bed, good food and a friendly ear scratch.  Enter TobyAnn.  A true charecter in her own right.  Not a replacement for Cindy, but a new fuzzball to learn about.
Condolences on your loss's.

MuleePete
Saddler Sargeant GAF Department of the Platte, #521
SCORRS
CBQD #1
SASS Life #34368
USN Life (Ret.)

Keep track of your lustrums!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com