The Grumpy Lunch Bunch rides Again

Started by Forty Rod, January 29, 2009, 11:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forty Rod

The celebrated and infamous Grumpy Lunch Bunch is gathering again at Buckboard
barbeque and grill in Upland (1386 E. Foothill Blvd. - SW corner of Foothill and Grove in
Suite F) on Thursday, February 5th at 11:00 am. Come see the new mascot that Lefty put
together for us.

For those of you that have never attended; and who live within reasonable driving distance; and who don't have to report to a slave-driving,ill-tempered, evil-smelling boss; and who are not intimidated by our swave, debonneer, sofistickated, and up-scale members, we'd like to have you show up, bring a spouse, significant other, friend, acquaintance, or some likely stranger off the street. All it takes for membership is attendance once.

The upside of this is good companions, usually good food at generally decent prices, varied and exciting new places to visit (or not), and the fact that if you're there in person we won't talk about you behind your back...we'll sit on both sides of you and talk about you right in front of you and laugh while doing it.

Hey, you have to eat anyway, right? Why not join us and enjoy it instead of eating alone in your cubicle.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

buck

:) mmmm  sounds good, Forty Rod...wish I could be there.  Will Owen Muny be there puttin on the feed bag?   ::)

Forty Rod

Quote from: buck on January 30, 2009, 03:41:16 PM
  :) mmmm  sounds good, Forty Rod...wish I could be there.  Will Owen Muny be there puttin on the feed bag?   ::)

I never know who's coming until we're ready to leave for the day.  (Stragglers, you know.  Sometimes Jittery Jim shows up as they're clearing the table.)  Owen hasn't been out for some time now, but anything is possible.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Howdy Doody

Right about this time last year I even made one of the Grumpy Lunches on my way to Tombstone. Talk about geriactics.

;D ;D ;D
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Forty Rod

Hell, you raised the average age about 10% all by yourself.  ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com