New Project : Round 2

Started by Gun Butcher, January 25, 2009, 08:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Butcher

OK,  I got this thing finished and you guys asked for it so here are the pics........  I will say my mea culpas while you get over it LOL
                                        Gun Butcher( who not only butchers guns)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

That works well. Not my choice of colors but a good case. The lacing lies in nicely and accents the pattern. Looks balanced. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Gun Butcher

Will, you really are a good pard. I am still relearning a lot of things. Right after I got finished I thought of half a dozen ways to do this case that would have been better.  I think it does need the backgrounding in places and it could have been smaller. 
  Whoever told me that I knew how to lace was just being nice..
    Bottomline , I am going to do it over one more time try to keep the things that were done right and change some that I don't like at the same time. I am stuck with the colors but I don't think it needs a gloss finish.

As we happily begin round three we will hopefully get more things right and less wrong.   GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

JD Alan

GB, I think you did just fine, considering what you had to work with. Like Will, and you I'm sure, not my color scheme, it's not supposed to be. I have not tried lacing yet, I'm still trying to sew evenly!

Every piece of work is a learning experience, so the fact that you want to do it a third times says you really care about your work, and your customer.

God bless you sir! JD   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Gun Butcher on January 26, 2009, 08:35:40 AMAs we happily begin round three we will hopefully get more things right and less wrong.
Just remember, you'll never get to the point where you do something that is perfect. In your opinion, at least. I started a holster yesterday that had a couple things I didn't like but no one will ever notice because they just aren't noticable. I'll do them differently next time, though. Looking forward to seeing your next project.

Nice avatar, JD. Very suitable for this forum.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Gun Butcher

JD, thank you sir , you are a gentleman. Only God is perfect Will and Lord knows I don"t think of myself that way. My Dad passed away on Christmas day just past and he always taught me to do the best I was capable of doing. The thrid time is going to be the one I am looking for ,I am not going to let a little phone case beat me now.    GB

TN Mongo

Marshal, you are so right.  I see flaws in almost every project I do.  Normally, it's stuff only another experienced leather worker could spot.  I find I'm constantly learning with each project I do. 

I've made it a point to write down problems I come accross so I avoid them the next time I make a similar project.

Gun Butcher

I tried that very thing once Mongo, I ain't seen that notebook since.    ::)

JD Alan

Thanks for the avatar comment Will. I wore that for the funeral, and my wife decided to snap a picture. That's a Sully Frock coat, which worked pretty good for a country preacher. I've know the family 30 years, and even had a couple of the brothers shoot with me. Mama passed on just short of 85. Her husband was a pastor, died back in 1995, and she never really got over it.
I had a lot of comments about the bible cover, which I was careful not to take credit for! Actually, it's fun to brag on other people's work.

Thanks for all the help Will, it's sure appreciated, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com