Ammunition

Started by Colonel Buckshot, January 24, 2009, 03:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Buckshot

Has anyone had problems with ten x ammo 45-75.  I have been having alot of primers that dont go off till the second time.  I get a good indent on the first strike but nothing.  Maybe happens every third round or so. 
Adrian Geary
Samsula, FL
US Army Honorable Discharged  19E/45K
NRA, GAF, SUVCW

CavSoldier3ACR

I have shot about 100 rounds of Ten-X thru my Uberti 45-75 without a single failure to fire.  How deeply is your first strike denting the primer?

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy
I have shot several rounds and have never had that problem , but I shoot 45-60 . What brand of rifle are you shooting ?
Also have you done anything to slick up your rifle ? I have worked with Ten X and have had good luck with his product .
Good luck and let me know what the problem was .

Colonel Buckshot

I have a uberti.  The first 40 rounds of ten x were fine but this recent stuff has been giving me problems.  Im having it reloaded if I still have problems then I know its the firing pin.  There has no action work .  I have owned several uberti revolvers and had problems with the firing pins coming lose and the retaining pin falling out.  So I know uberti uses weaker metals than say 4140
Adrian Geary
Samsula, FL
US Army Honorable Discharged  19E/45K
NRA, GAF, SUVCW

Joe Lansing

There have been a number of reports similar to yours where a sticking fireing pin was the problem. Look for metal shavings in the bolt, or check to see if the toggle links are bearing against the striker when the action is in battery. This can be easily done by closing the action over an empty case while keeping the rifle vertical and pressing on the fireing pin with your finger to see if there is enough movement.

Hobie

I had that problem with two TenX rounds and none of my reloads...  Will make sure the bolt is clean...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com