WB Millitary Leather

Started by Capt. Augustus, January 19, 2009, 05:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Augustus

Has anyone run accross patterns for 1911 Military holsters or magazine pouches?  I'm just getting into it and I usually make my own holsters.

Marshal Will Wingam

I've never seen a pattern for one. The design is so unique that you may have to find one and duplicate it. The Mag pouches from WW1 are either canvass and leather. I think the canvass ones have two catches and the leather ones have only one. I could be wrong on that. The leather ones are still available and you can probably find a good example online to copy. They aren't too difficult.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Capt. Augustus

Well, in the end I surrendered.  I've bought a Pacific Canvas 1916 holster and since they were out of canvas magazine pouches, two leather magazine pouches, from Cabelas.  I finally found a web belt in tan, it's WWII, but looks similar  to the WWI model.  I looked at the 1912 model holster, but I am short armed and it might have been out of reach.  Looking at pictures the holsters have some internal pieces, complacating matters.

Justino Caballo

In Al Stohlman's how to make cowboy holsters there is a pattern for a 1911. I used it to make one for my pop and one for myself. I am pretty damn terrible making this stuff as of yet but the have been working well (i wear mine at work quite a bit) and holding up. sorry dont know about a mag holder.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Capt. Augustus on January 20, 2009, 03:51:25 PMLooking at pictures the holsters have some internal pieces, complacating matters.
Yeah, those flap holsters aren't simple designs. I looked at one and decided I'd just buy one if I need it. You can get new leather ones from Cabelas for 39.95. Model 1916 Holster

Dalton Masterson

There was one of those in our local Cabelas Bargain cave for under 30. Was tempted to buy it just to cut it and make a pattern. Can always resew ya know.  ;)

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Capt. Augustus

Well, I received the 1911 holster of 1916.  It's quite a work of art.  I think it would cost more to duplicate than what it cost.  I've got it molding now around the pistol.

Now does anyone out there have a 1881 military holster pattern, the one for either a schofield or Colt SAA?

Marshal Will Wingam

Yeah, those things are complex. They sure work well, though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com