Happy Find in the Garage

Started by kb466, January 19, 2009, 02:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb466

Don't mean to gloat, but I have been overhauling my Chaparral 1876 rifle I bought some time ago.  When I say overhaul, I mean everything-- reshaping the receiver, remarking barrel and tang, refinishing in correct period finishes, new wood, new hammer, etc.  But getting back to the point of this post-- I was also getting ready to load .45-75 and just ordered a special run 457192 Lyman mold, but I was trying to figure out what to do about brass. It seems there is none on the market at present.  Well, I just noticed on my shelf in the garage a box containing two bags of new Jamison .45-75 brass-- forty rounds total.  Lucky find!  I had bought it when I bought the rifle and forgot I had it.  I will try to get more when I can, but these forty pieces will do for now, and I do not have to worry about getting brass, at least for the time being!  It made my day.

Grizzly Adams

I have CRS too! ;D  Keep finding stuff in my pockets I forgot I had!  ;)

Sounds like you have project on your hands.  Post some pics when you get it launched! :)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

kb466

Not only did I find the brass, but I also found a set of Lee .45-75 dies that I forgot I had ordered.  I am further ahead than I thought.  As to my "project", I am well underway.  I will try to post pictures tonight if I can figure out how to do it.  It is turning out nicely in my estimation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com