so Far it has been a cold long winter, but I got something finished!!

Started by Ace Lungger, January 14, 2009, 06:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

Hody Pards,  :)
I just havn't been able to get around very good, and havn't spent anytime in the shop, but after going over to David's the other day I got the bug Big Time. And I finish a project for a guy back east that i have been working on for 6 weeks, just isn't any fun when it is 18-24 degrees.  But I git the chot gun but cover finished and sent pic's to the gentleman and he was real happy! So I thought I would show them to you all so you would know my heart is still in it, but by body lets me do only what it wants me to.
I hope you like it!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboy316

;DVery nice the guy will love it love the dark look to it
           thanks for sharing
                    Cowboy316

David Carrico

Wiley Desperado

Ace, real nice work there pard.  Your friend will enjoy the heck out it. Thanks for sharing.   

Johnny McCrae

Hi Ace,

You did real good on that Butt Cover. Nice neat work on the stamping and the name! Isn't that a great feeling when someone is happy with your work? Many thanks for sharing this with us. We look forward to seeing your future projects.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

RollingThunder

That looks perdy dog gone slick there pard! Love the real earthy feel you got in the leather there. Looks nice!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Marshal Will Wingam

That looks really good, Ace. The barbed wire makes an interesting border. Nice to put the brand of the shotgun on the butt. I had an old long-barrel hammered double Parker 12 ga when I was a kid. Great gun. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Charlie Bowdre

Looks good. I admire you folks who can do these  hand work items . Now if that were me there would be part of a finger in there somewhere.
Enjoy your pics . Keep at it
One day at a time.

Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;D Howdy Pal  ;D

Beautiful work Ace, you make me proud Pard, nice stamping , and great job of sewing the butt end to the wrap around, the color is nice and rustic, I like that, now that you're getting all this back work done, you will have time to start carving, can't wait to see that too, you really have come a long way in your leather work. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

santee

Wow, Ace. You knocked that outa the park! The color is perfect. Kudos!!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

JD Alan

Better late than never. Nice Work Ace. I don't have the slightest idea how you put that thing together, but it sure looks good to me. Thanks for sharing it, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Gun Butcher

Great work Ace, but like JD I cannot figure out how the end cap is sewn on ???.  Are ya gonna give away yer secret?
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ace Lungger

Hody Pards, :)
I want to thank all of you for the kind words! The gentleman I made it for was real nice and never pushed me!! And that helps!
I still have a project that I started on, and will be doing what I can on it, but it is 6 degrees out, and I cannot afford to go heat the shop for a couple hours if work at a time. I plan on going out there this afternoon and grabing some scrap leather and get several peices ready to case, so I can practice with my swevil knife and get use to it.
I got that Barb wire stamps on ebay, from a person making stamps, I bought those and never seen this person make anymore, they were made in Texas, and have numbers on them, and was hoping to see more of his stamps, they are of the highest quality i have ever saw, i would of been interested in seeing what else he was making??

the real credit on the butt cover goes to TW (my mentor) with out his moral support and the things he has taught me along the way, I couldn't have done it. He allways keeps me going, when I can't get out of bed, he seems to give me the strenght to get up, and make something out of the day!

Agian Thanks to everyone!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Ace my Friend

I thank you for your comment Pard, and I was and am happy to help you, it seems we all draw strength from one another, I know Cowboy WC is responsible for how I'm doing, and I am and will always be grateful to him for this, so if I can be of help to you Ace, it's like keeping this craft going, and for me it's a way of paying back all the help and teaching I got from WC, like they say, "what goes around comes around, but whats also important is a strong desire to learn, and I know you have this, so keep up the good work pard, next we'll be seeing some carving from you, like WC told me, it's not rocket science. ;) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com