tooling patterns

Started by cowboy316, January 12, 2009, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

any body have any cool pattern or ideas of where to down load some let me know please

RollingThunder

Hey Marshal Will? I know we have a library for border stamp ideas, but hows about making one for patterns? I'd imagine it'd have to be set up to be non-copyrighted stuff (original only) maybe?

Thoughts?
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Marshal Will Wingam

I agree that it can be a useful reference. Let's see what gets posted here and if it looks promising, we can add this thread to the FAQ thread for future reference. Good idea, RT. Thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboy316

ive got a few of my own custom patterns that ive drawn out for things like clock faces and guitar straps and i can always draw up more for just about anything  ill get a scanner hooked up and load some asap 

cowboy316

here are 2 of my own patterns drawn up last night

Marshal Will Wingam

They look good Cowboy. The flowers and leaves are a nice shape. The bottom one would be great as a borderless design. One idea you may want to play with; make the design wide enough on the folded side to wrap around to the back so there is tooling on all the visible surface of the pouch.

cowboy316

Marshal
    Thank you  i agree with you on the bottom design  now that i look at it
just wish i had the full pattern and enough leather to make it i would get
Started today
     Then again i dont know what id use it for id probablly sell it cuz i dont
own a pistol just yet
                    Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

You don't need a pistol. Make one for something else you carry. There's some outfit that makes purses and such that look like Cheyenne style holsters.

cowboy316

never thought of that marshal  just would have to see a picture of it then id be able to figure it out
         Cowboy316

cowboy316

heres an oak leaf pattern and just a random floral pattern  i just drew up this afternoon hope ya like
   Cowboy316

cowboy316

heres a floral frame for a mirror that im gonna do

JD Alan

Real nice work there Cowboy.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Gun Butcher

Cowboy i will be looking forward to seeing that mirror frame when you get it tooled. It should truly be a thing of beauty.

Just be careful you don't wear out to many tools gettin er done ;D
                                                     Gun Butcher
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboy316

GB
will gladly post pics of the mirror in progress and as for wearing out tools if i do can i borrow some of yours (joking)
right now tho my leather supplier had to have hip surgery and has been closed for going on 3 weeks now so im stuck
tooling on scrape and just perfecting some different technequies
  Cowboy316

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com