1860 or 1866 for Johnny Reb headin' west

Started by Logan Hawke, January 08, 2009, 09:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Nighteyes

My timeframe is 1870 or thereabouts.  I have a '66 carbine, and prefer it over the longer/heavier Henry.  It was gifted to me by a Kiowa warrior who got it from a pilgrim that didn't need it anymore.

My pistols are a brace of Remington New Army revolvers that I liberated from some Yankees during the War.  They're veteran campaigners, and show it.  (Since I'm a SASS/W3G shooter, I don't worry too much about the historical accuracy of the conversion cylinders!)

Logan Hawke

Quote from: Daniel Nighteyes on January 16, 2009, 09:13:44 AM
My timeframe is 1870 or thereabouts.  I have a '66 carbine, and prefer it over the longer/heavier Henry.  It was gifted to me by a Kiowa warrior who got it from a pilgrim that didn't need it anymore.

Daniel, That is a FINE looking Yellowboy!!!

Definitely one to be proud of!!!!!!!!  :)
"NO DAMN MAN KILLS ME AND LIVES"

SASS# 57291, SCORRS, NRA, WartHog,  C.S.A.

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Logan Hawke on January 18, 2009, 08:01:26 PM
Daniel, That is a FINE looking Yellowboy!!!

Definitely one to be proud of!!!!!!!!  :)

Thanky kindly, Sir!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm also a "Johnny Reb Moving West" (note the Artillery hat cord).  I just started from the Indian Nations...

Driftwood Johnson

That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Driftwood Johnson on January 30, 2009, 11:00:03 PM
Not having a forearm is no big deal.

Unless, of course, yer talkin' about the one between yer elbow and yer hand... ;)

Dusty Morningwood

Quote from: Daniel Nighteyes on February 02, 2009, 11:51:30 AM
Unless, of course, yer talkin' about the one between yer elbow and yer hand... ;)

The very thing I resisted posting!  Good shot, Nighteyes.  ;D

sundance44`s

In the movie Ride with the Devil Johnny Reb heads west in the after the war with a Henry given to him by his new father in law ... he also took a woman and her child ...but he had to marry her first ......................good luck  ;D
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com