Author Topic: Aircraft  (Read 783804 times)

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aircraft
« Reply #780 on: November 04, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »
Leo,  when I was Bail bonding,  we had a fella named Jimmy Don Thornton run on us,  my step daughter contacted a physic that she had met a few weeks earlier,  my wife and step daughter got a lead that Jimmy Don had been seen in Topeka Kansas and went to check with some people that were supposed to know something,
  while they were gone, the physic called,  I talked to her,  she said he was hiding in an area with miles and miles of growing crops and every few miles would be some tall,  cylinder shaped buildings,  well they were in Kansas,  wheat fields streatching for miles and silo's to hold the wheat when it was harvested,
 he had left when they got to where he had been seen but he had been there.  so we got in touch with the physic again,  this time she saw snow on the mountain tops and ski areas,

well the next week,  America's Most wanted had a piece on Jimmy Don Thorton,  long story short, when he saw himself on Americans Most wanted he had a minor heart attack and wound up in the Hosiptal and he was taken into custody,   he was in Vail Colorado,   so she was generally right about all she told us.

on another note   Jimmy Don Thorton was Billy Bob Thorton's  cousin.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline MontanaSlick

• Like minded lover of the Old West
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #781 on: November 04, 2009, 04:40:53 PM »
Thanks Bro. Tex fer the Bi-o,

Jo and Eddie Canut are both re-tired, Eddie really messed up his back in a moovie stunt, re-tired early.

Tex, I'll send you a PM as we have a new suppplier for our Cawfee mugs. Nice mugs too, I got one.

Cawffee and Goodies on me, every aviator needs a boost now and then."Jet Propulsion" :o

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #782 on: November 04, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »
Thank you Bro. Slick. I sorta thought the folks would appreciate  the things I said about your Bio.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #783 on: Today at 10:33:29 PM »

Offline MontanaSlick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #783 on: November 05, 2009, 06:43:38 AM »
Yer appreciated a lot Bro. Tex and thanks fer the introduction

Kinda cool this morning, thinkin maybe puttin on a pot of Cawffee in the camp fire.

Maybe Del kin give us a lesson on Dutch Oven cooking with samples eh.
Where is that Feller no how?

Catless Cawfee and fritters anyone?  Apple typ that is.

What does this post have to do with Aircraft?
Everything, Aviators love home cooking and a ~~~HOT~~ cup of Cawfee. ;)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #784 on: November 05, 2009, 08:07:23 AM »
I finally got around to joining a Squadron in the CAF after all these years. I am a member of the B24/B29 squadron now.  The B29 is being overhauled at the HQ in Midland, Texas.  The B24 is hangared at the Addison Airport, which is in a suburb in north Dallas.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline MontanaSlick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #785 on: November 05, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »
I finally got around to joining a Squadron in the CAF after all these years. I am a member of the B24/B29 squadron now.  The B29 is being overhauled at the HQ in Midland, Texas.  The B24 is hangared at the Addison Airport, which is in a suburb in north Dallas.

You lucky Lawdog, all I have is a base full of C-135's...Congratulations Pard, we gotta have more respect fer ya now, not that we didn't before.

Texas LawDawg is my Brother ya know, we have different Parents but were Brothers. :)

M. Slick
Da Law

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #786 on: November 05, 2009, 02:16:20 PM »
I envy him, too, Slick.................Buck :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #787 on: November 05, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »
It's a labor of love for me and a way to remember and honor my Dad who served in the Army Air Corps in WW2.

Offline MontanaSlick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #788 on: November 05, 2009, 09:54:17 PM »
Bro. Tex, I sure would like to see his picture again. He's my Hero.

MS

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #789 on: November 06, 2009, 09:22:36 AM »
His pictures have been misplaced since the last move. I've got em put away so good that I can't find them for now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #790 on: November 06, 2009, 12:52:55 PM »
His pictures have been misplaced since the last move. I've got em put away so good that I can't find them for now.

I'm in the same boat Pop.  Somewhere out there are some valuable (to me) pictures an no one seems ta know where they are.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #791 on: November 06, 2009, 02:23:04 PM »
Same here, Leo. I also have a reel to reel tape out there someplace that I'd love to have back. It has the Stage Band Comp. we went to when I was still in high school. Had our band and two others from the Columbus area. there's a dynamite solo on there by one of those Columbus groups. I remember that the whole trumpet section was using the new( then) Conn 60-B Super Connnstellation's. what a sound they had! The 60-B was one of the first super horns developed in the mid to late '60's. Those and the King Silver Flair's, and the Getzen Doc Severinsen's were the first of the super horns.
There's a 60-B on Ebay now that's almost mint, first one I've seen the last few months I've been watching. By the time the auction's done, that one's gonna go pretty high. Of all the vintage horns, that's one model I would love to get an example of...........Buck 8)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #792 on: November 06, 2009, 03:50:30 PM »
You sure do got the bug Buck.  Not ta go to far off topic but I do still have an LP of our Jr high band with pictures of all of us on the cover.  It was lost for several years until my Dad found it.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #793 on: November 06, 2009, 05:44:17 PM »
I don't have any of his AAC pictures that I can lay hands on. I've got a picture somewhere of him sitting behind his desk as Sheriff. Hopefully this winter I will unearth them.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #794 on: November 06, 2009, 05:50:58 PM »
My Great Grandfather was on the first motorcycle squad for the Pittsburg PD.  My grandmother had two pictures of him, one with just him in uniform standing by his bike and another of the whole group.  He starded out as a beat cop before the bikes came.  No one seems to know where those pictures ended up.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #795 on: November 06, 2009, 06:43:26 PM »
Leo, I'm sure that Pittsburg PD has a Museum and I bet that they have probably got some pictures of the first motor cops. You had never told me about your GG grand dad being a Cop. I've been there a lot of times on extraditions, we even drove up there a couple of times during the summer.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #796 on: November 06, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »
Yeah, he was a typical Irish cop on the east coast back in the old days.  His last name was Jennings.  We'd go ta visit my gramma every year and I used ta stare at those photos fer hours.  Prolly where my love affair with the two wheelers got it's roots.

Roland Deschain

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #797 on: November 07, 2009, 10:20:04 AM »
Same here, Leo. I also have a reel to reel tape out there someplace that I'd love to have back. It has the Stage Band Comp. we went to when I was still in high school. Had our band and two others from the Columbus area. there's a dynamite solo on there by one of those Columbus groups. I remember that the whole trumpet section was using the new( then) Conn 60-B Super Connnstellation's. what a sound they had! The 60-B was one of the first super horns developed in the mid to late '60's. Those and the King Silver Flair's, and the Getzen Doc Severinsen's were the first of the super horns.
There's a 60-B on Ebay now that's almost mint, first one I've seen the last few months I've been watching. By the time the auction's done, that one's gonna go pretty high. Of all the vintage horns, that's one model I would love to get an example of...........Buck 8)

Now you have me wondering what my Selmer tenor sax would be worth these days.  Cost me about $275.00 in 1961.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #798 on: November 07, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »
Leo don't want no pickle, he jest wants to ride his motosickle!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #799 on: November 07, 2009, 01:07:08 PM »
Wow, from aircraft ta Arlo Guthrie.  We do know how ta shake these threads up.

40, Buck can prolly tell you what the goin rate is for just about any instrament right now.  He's really tuned in on that front as of late.

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com