Aircraft

Started by Arcey, January 05, 2009, 12:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

Ernie was the main announcer for the activites and he provided commentary on the air battles being recreated.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Steel Horse Bailey

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Texas Lawdog

That "Ghost Squadron" song he wrote and recorded makes the hair on my arms stand up when I hear it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

MontanaSlick

Nothin like a good aircraft and a song to lift up the spirit, like Into the Wild Blue Yonder.  B-17's

MS

Leo Tanner

Quote from: MontanaSlick on November 03, 2009, 12:47:25 PM
Nothin like a good aircraft and a song to lift up the spirit, like Into the Wild Blue Yonder.  B-17's

MS

"atta boy, giver the gun"
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

Leo, I have joined the CAF B24/B29 Squadron. That means I get to hang out with "FIFI" and the plane formally known as "Diamond LiL".

Leo Tanner

I envy you Pop.  If I could take Lil ta see that plane in person it would be a great day.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

"FIFI" is having a complete overhaul at the HQ in Midland, Tx.   The B24 is at the Addison airport, which is about an hour east of where I live.

MontanaSlick

I live in the flightline of Fairchild AFB, it's a C-135 hang out and when those B-52's headed fer Hawaii flew over my house, well I felt so good I wanted to salute them.
It's the sound of freedom
MS

Leo Tanner

Tex, I think we have found a brother.

Roland Deschain

MontanaSlick

LT, did we loose one somewhere? :o

Leo Tanner

Quote from: MontanaSlick on November 03, 2009, 10:56:41 PM
LT, did we loose one somewhere? :o

Some of us here are just big WWII aviation buffs.  You seem to fit right in. 
My uncle Joe was a tailgunner on a B17 and I still have his dog tags. 

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

Leo, I met Montana Slick a couple of years ago on the Sass wire. He is a Masonic Brother of mine. He is a cousin of Casey Tibbs, who was a famous Bronc rider of the 50's. He knows both of Yakima Canutt's sons. Slick is an old Army DI. He trained troops down at Fort Polk in Louisana in his younger days.

Arcey

Kindah out in left field 'n it ain't military but someone may find it interestin'...

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/11/did-edgar-cayce-know-where-amelia-ended
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

I'm sure that there will be more speculation about her disappearence since the new movie about her is playing at the movies. It has always been an interesting read for me.

Arcey

Kinda like true mysteries. Fiction, movies 'n such do nothin' for me. Maybe we'll see sumthin' real on the Earhart case before we croak.

Got tied up messin' with the Carroll Deerin' 'n Mary Celeste the other e'enin' 'n stayed up half the night. 

Lunch is done. Back ta werk. Damn. Real pretty day ta be outside.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

I  hoping to get around to going to the movies to watch that new Amelia movie. If not, I guess I'll watch it on Netflix. It's noon now and Victoria hasn't fixed me anything for lunch. It looks like I may have to fend for myself.

Leo Tanner

Did any of you in LE ever have a psycic on a case?  I've been seeing that a lot of departments are starting to use them.  Just curious.

Roland Deschain

Arcey

Quote from: Leo Tanner on November 04, 2009, 02:10:44 PM
Did any of you in LE ever have a psycic on a case?  I've been seeing that a lot of departments are starting to use them.  Just curious.

We didn't go lookin' for 'em. Occasionally one would call or come to the office onna high profile case 'n we'd take the time to listen to 'em. Don't remember gettin' anythin' useful from 'em tho.

When there's a missin' kid ya don't poo-poo anythin' 'til ya check it out.

Leo Tanner

From what I can tell 10 percent of em er either real er real lucky at guessin.  The other 90 percent er full of s***.  I'm prolly bein generous with those numbers.  My ex wife took both my daughters ta one of em an bought inta every thing the lady said.  Changed their lives an routines based on this "reading".  I'd like ta slap some sense inta all four of em, but that would prolly fufill some prophecy er somethin.

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com