Aircraft

Started by Arcey, January 05, 2009, 12:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

They need to get a more PC vehicle, maybe a VW THING or a 5 Quarter Weapons Carrier. Yep, them fiberglass Flippers are unique yard art.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Four-Eyed Buck

That's probably it, Arcey. The paint job fooled me into  thinking it was a plane/type object ::) :o ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Steel Horse Bailey

I could see that it was a Dolphin, but I've never seen a Dolphin decked out like an F6F Hellcat!

;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Texas Lawdog

Last week the Moose and I had the pleasure of attending a program at one of our branch libraries. The speaker was Claude Platte, a 91 year old WW2 veteran. Mr Platte was a flight instructor for the Tuskogee Airmen Experiment. He trained over 200 Afro-American pilots for the Army Air Corps. It was very entertaining and I am glad that we had an opportunity to attend and did.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Four-Eyed Buck

Texas Lawdog

There was a good turnout and it was standing room only.

Four-Eyed Buck

Apr. 17th to the 20th, reunion of Doolittle's Raiders. All 5 of the remaining vets out of the 200+ will be there ;)

Texas Lawdog

All the fliable B-25s assemble near the reunion location and have a flyover. They made silver cups with each of the Raiders names on them. They have a special bottle on Cognac that they pour in the Attending Raiders cups and they drink a special toast to all the Raiders, living or dead. The CAF's B-25s are always in attendance.

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

Arcey, Thank you for the info Mr Morehead. Another great Heroic Aviator has passed on. A greatful Nation thanks you for your Service.

Steel Horse Bailey

Indeed.  God bless.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Texas Lawdog

I just got an E-mail from the Vintage Flight Museum that we are getting a new aircraft that will be on static display at the Museum. It will be arriving on a truck from Davis-Monthan AFB in Arizona. It is the Navy version of the B-66. I built a B-66 model as a kid. I am anxious to see this new addition to our fleet of aircraft.

Four-Eyed Buck

So Did I, TLD. One of the first ones I ever did ::)

Steel Horse Bailey

Oooh!  B66 is a little rare, I b'lieve!  Cool!

Four-Eyed Buck

IIRC, It was a Monogram kit ::)

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on March 19, 2012, 09:31:11 PM
IIRC, It was a Monogram kit ::)

And/or Airfix.  I remembered wrong, anyway.  (I looked it up right after you had posted.)  It was a USAF version of an A3 SkyWarrior.  Often used in Viet Nam ... and a VERY elegant, pretty design.

Texas Lawdog

SHB, The Aircraft is a Douglas EA-3B SkyWarrior, Bu.No.  146453. I don't have any timetable on it's arrival in Fort Worth. I will try and take pictures.

Arcey

I'll be wearing my "I Love Prop Noise" tee tomorrow. The Corsair cap is getting a little nasty looking. Picked up a Mustang cap.

They didn't have anything but the Junkers sitting outside. I did remember the dolphin though........

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Four-Eyed Buck

That's one mean looking dolphin, Arcey ::)

Texas Lawdog

Arcey, Is that your Station Wagon in the background? If so, It's a nice ride. We're expecting a new plane at the VFM in the future. It is a Douglas EA-3B Skywarrior  Bu. No. 146453. It is being transported by truck from Davis-Monthan AFB in Arizona. No timetable as yet on an arrival date. It will be static display only.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com